my Redding Comp die bushings coming together...

TonyH

In my earlier post I described how I needed, after experimentation, a different sized bushing for my 22-250 brass, but couldn't locate anyone with the size .252 bushing I was after; Ronin came to the rescue and actually turned one up on his lathe, very generously. It arrived yesterday and I've been using it for just a few more test cases.

pic 1, Redding Comp die dismantled, new Ronin-manuf'd steel bushing in background waiting to replace Redding .250 TiN bushing I'd found too tight:

pic 2, bushings side by side, new steel .252 to left, Redding .250 to right:

pic 3, applying Redding case lube to necks - even though it's just 50-60% of the neck being done it's a good idea to lube whether or not you're using steel or TiN bushings:

Even though I've shrunk these images hugely from the originals - shot on a Canon 1Ds2 with an ancient pre-AI 55mm Micro-Nikkor - the Upload tool keeps telling me that three uses up my 500kb allowance, and my attempt to upload further images via a 2nd post failed! maybe someone can tell me how to get round this - or I'll wait 'til tomorrow to upload a couple more pics..... To be continued!

TonyH

Load em onto photobucket first Tony - then pick the correct image code for forums

Groan! Photobucket - I had to use that once before, with another forum, and found it a PITA... I'm accustomed to dealing with large image files and faffing around over a few bleedin' kb gets on my tits, frankly. Maybe i'll try your suggestion - for which thanks - tomorrow, can't face it today, going to process some more brass then come in for a whisky and some grub.

Regards, TonyH

Archived