PARAMO CLOTHING

Ballistic Hamster

I suppose 10% of what is the question ?

If you want to lay the gauntlet down it might be better to give a target price to beat. (better than £255 :) )

I bought a paramo cascade jacket for the wife brand new for £60, they are still £175 or so in the shops. Absolute bargain and she was well impressed and uses it daily.

I suppose 10% of what is the question ?

If you want to lay the gauntlet down it might be better to give a target price to beat. (better than £255 :) )

I bought a paramo cascade jacket for the wife brand new for £60, they are still £175 or so in the shops. Absolute bargain and she was well impressed and uses it daily.

Got the jacket down to £229 so far

http://www.actionoutdoors.co.uk/shop/param...963e9f3326b98bb

But been told not good if you are laying in the wet

will to do

PLAN B !!!

Normad clothing

Got the jacket down to £229 so far

http://www.actionoutdoors.co.uk/shop/param...963e9f3326b98bb

But been told not good if you are laying in the wet

will to do

PLAN B !!!

Normad clothing

Trigger,

What are you actually going to use it for? I have a paramo pajaro (same as the halcon but without the fleece collar and extra pockets) and I rate it over any jacket for comfort when active -it feels just like wearing a lightweight arctic smock; no matter how much I sweat; I'm dry inside within 10 mins -nothing else on the market will come close to that

-but, as you said, water will come through if you're lying in puddles -I put up with wet elbows because to have dry elbows I'd have to wear something waay less good at dealing with sweat/condensation.

If sweat isn't an issue and it's just for lying around; I'd steer away from nomad -brilliant for stalking, but I suspect as a 'lying about' jacket you'd get pretty bored with the way its fleece exterior finish picks up mud/ snow/ shite.

That does seem a decent price with this being such a new model.

As brown dog said, I am also very pleased with my paramo (cascade) jacket and it would be the last one to be sold if it came to it. The item breaths so well that I have heard of people drying off wet garments underneath it when doing active things.

The bit about laying in the wet is correct as the downfall in these which lets be honest all items have one, is it cannot stand a pressure head of water so the elbows will get wet when glassing on the floor, depends if that is a problem. After a full days rain and I mean proper rain I have had damp patches where I wear a bumbag when stalking, again the pressure issue. The jacket never wets out as such and the drying speed is good. Weight gain from the rain is good too unlike some of my other kit. Very windproof and a general good design.

As an aside if your camping overnight with no drying facility next day this is definetly a better option to put on for day two. My deerhunter is a warm waterproof coat but the inner membrane is the waterproof bit and the coat gets soaked and heavy but no wet elbows however definetly a second class to the paramo for day after day rain.

Archived