UKV take on FTR 'Classic'

Zaitsev

That's what I was trying to say :)

As a true 223/308 varmint/heavy sporter/tactical discipline it would hold great appeal to me; it was a disappointment when I realised that it was the same wallet race as the open class [the bipods in particular are ridiculous - they should just use front rests and be done with the pretense!]

Is there scope for someone to start a genuine all-comers f/tr class along the lines of:

26" or less barrel

Magazine fed (& all rounds to be loaded via the magazine)

folding telescoping bipod no wider than x" at full spread (& removable without tools other than a coin)

Carryable (fully assembled and ready for firing) on a shoulder sling

Min trigger pull 1.5lbs

Safety catch

So: as the man says above, is there genuine scope for a pure discipline of this sort? How many of you would be interested in running your (to all intents and purposes) stock rifles in a class of this sort?

Should there be a restirction in upper mag on scopes?

Regards

Gareth

gareth,

i would be with you in this disicpline ie a stock heavy barrel rifle ie something like my remmy 700 pss or max barrel lenght of 27 " say as for caliber what about factory chamberings only so the wild cats are weeded out . but if some ones got a factory chambered 270 or 243 then they can compete . i would say mag or blind mag to be fitted dont really want to excluded the floor plate rifles, as to weather you single shot load dont know that you gain much and what about a commercial front bipod to be used ie harris or copy ie deben or caldwell etc not some of the one off creations that are about and no rear bag or surport to be used . then you could allow either moderators or plain barrel and excluded muzzle brakes prehaps to keep the rifle as near a varmint/ sporting rifle as possible this would then allow those with a varmint /sporting rig in any caliber up to 308 win max to have a go and bring a element of shooting skill into the mix .

so i expect we will see you at or little ukv get together for a bit of a trial run then.

graham.

Dear All,

Gareth and i double tapped creation of 2 very similar threads. With his agreement, grateful if you could direct your thoughts on this topic to:

Target Shooting: F/TR Varmint/Heavy Sporter/Tactical Discipline?

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?s...ic=8013&hl=

Many thanks

Matt

Archived