Young shots!

shrek

Got an Email through from Basc saying to watch the cbbc's newsround programme which was on at about 5pm this evening, the email also told me to leave a comment on the newsrounds website! Although, i was shocked to the bias of the newsreader as she was saying about it as though children shooting is the biggest crime of all time!

Just wondered if anyone else saw it,

Its worth a look on the bbc, Iplayer. Its been edited to media specifications to still look bais towards us!

but atleast it is gettin broadcast!

I help out at a number of youngshots days, and love the satisfaction of teaching youngsters that joy of shooting in a safe an controlled environment! teaching them that guns are dangerous and they have to be respected is all pary of it, one things for sure more children will get hurt in this country playing rugby or football than shooting/ country sports ever will!

Just waiting for the public outcry from the urban sector tho!

Shrek

Recently on a local shoot I saw a young lad of about 14 or 15, cross a wire fence and ditch, with what I knew to be a loaded gun, at one stage the gun was pointing at waist height to another young lad on stop duty. I went up to him at his peg and told him firmly but fairly that he should never do that again, and told him that he should always break his barrels at the very least. The lads father saw me talking to his lad and at the end of the drive enquired as to what was wrong, I told him, and he thanked me for doing what I did. But to be honest, I was dumbfounded that he had not taught his son basic safety drills, maybe there is something to be said for compulsory tests.

Archived