Fox relocation

MachIV

So this is where they keep coming from!!

http://www.nbcbirdandpest.co.uk/newsdetail.cfm?story=459

Yes we get loads of it as we are just off the M1. I had thought that being a pest species it was illegal to release but if so it is widely ignored. Most of them dont last long though as they dont have the skills to survive. Our local game keeper found 13 in one field and 11 of them just stood there while he shot them :lol:

dunnoe if its true but heard below story from a friend , where he heard it from i dunnoe

A tyre firm was called out to a blowout/fecked tyre on a wagon/van....

got to the van and asked the driver and his passenger what tehy were carrying as he needed to know the weight for jacking it up...they got really shifty and suss like when asked.

he was suss anyway coz he was hearing noises coming form the inside and the smell.

turned out to be some animal rescue mob of some description with around 30 foxes in the back all of which were "city townie" capture and were gonna release em all on a estate of al places!!!!

guy who worked for tyre company (a shooter) tried to explain that dumping them on a shooting estate was tantamount to signing their death warrent at hands of local keeper, and the fact that it was in fact cruel coz these foxes dunnoe how to survive properly in the country and the so called recue mob was in fact performing a cruel act letting them die slowly and suffer from maluntrition starvation etc.

he was told to f*ck off.....

so he told em to fix their own bloody tyre , told his boss and was expecting to get written warning or the boot but his boss just laughed

i think its happening alot more than peeps realise

sauer / paul

So this is where they keep coming from!!

http://www.nbcbirdandpest.co.uk/newsdetail.cfm?story=459

Lordy, talk about a real brain trust...

Maybe you all should do the same to the animal rights activists? Take them out in the country and dump them...it'd be interesting to see how many of them survive...Kind of like the ending to Clancy's "Rainbox Six" IIRC...

hi guys,

the rspca are not lilly white in this neither a few years ago we had a spate of sightings of a plain white transit van down tracks where it shouldnt be and every time foxes appeared where we were clear of them . shame really but it got stuck one day down a track on my land and i came across it with the tractor but you could make out the logo where the paint hadnt faded so much if the light was right so challenged the person with it as to what was going on he wouldnt say so offered to ring the police to get them to seize his van on suspicion of poaching could hear something in the van might of been lurchers for all i knew at this point he admitted he was releasing caught foxes into the wild claiming reloaction was legal. politely informed him it wasnt and not to release anything on my land or anywhere round and offered to shorten his van with the front weights on the tractor he then got arsey and threatened to come and inspect the farm animals told him couldnt care less .

fact

the rspca has NO powers of entery to any property the only people with powers of entry on to a property in respect of animals are a divisonal vet inspector or police with a search warrent the police may have a rspca person in attendance but they have no right of entry under law and you can insist they do not enter your property .

hence why they always ask if they can come in then you have allowed them entry

informed him of this fact and offered to ring local divisonal vet started begging at that time not to report him so politely told him to get his van removed and would be reporting his number to the local nfu crimewatch team and sugested he stopped going to the local markets causing hassle because local farmers would be told.at a nfu meeting that van number can up at least a dozen times. tactics worked been very quite for the last few years.

graham.

We started getting this shite around here. Practically ever farm here is a small hill sheep type farm so you can imagine how pleased the farmers were. Now i know many will state that there's no such thing as a poor farmer, but come here and i'll show you many - farming is bloody hard here.

Anyway, we started seeing these mange ridden, scabby foxes that would practically sit there and wait to be shot. They started appearing right before lambing time to. I woke up one night to hear the ewes behind the house making a din, took out the lamp to see a bloody fox chasing the pregnant ewes around. Bloody thing must have been starving.

On a farm where i annually cull 8-10, i shot 27 that spring alone.

Eventually one of the farmers spotted a white van acting shifty, practically forced him into a layby and blocked him there until the police arrived. Interstingly, the driver admitted that he was on the farmers land without permission to release the foxes and as such the RSPCA was called and the foxes were subsequently destroyed. It is indeed illegal to release a wild animal.

He's never been seen here since.

A lot of my shoots are based 15+ miles outside of Plymouth (250,000+ people). This seems to be about the limit the RSPCA and other tree huggers will go to drop the foxes off...

A couple of years ago it got stupid, with emaciated staving foxes just walking around the farmyard in broad daylight! The farmer ran at one in the tractor, thinking it would just run off.....He ran it over! The foxes simply didn't know how to survive in the countryside, much like many city folk.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived