.308 Tika

Dave, I have had a look at them in a few gun shops, the difference between the T3 & the older tikka that I use is that the action length is pretty long on the T3, the stock doesn't feel as comfortable as the older one & the technical experts will be able to advise,but I think there's something different with the recoil lug.

If you are buying new, I am not certain that T3's offer fantastic value.

A s/h sako 75 might tick the boxes a bit better.

These look familiar :

http://www.sakoa7.net/

I have a t3 lite stainless in 6.5x55 for nearly 5 yrs now and can't fault it. I have a sako 75 too, build quaility is better no doubt but at a price and don't like the Sako 85 series.

As for the wood on the hunter models it looks cheap almost synthetic, there is a deluxe model this may be better.

T3s are incredibly popular in NZ amongst deer shooters. I have an SS 7-08 and am very pleased with it- light, accurate straight out of the box and the stock is DEF not as flexy as many others, the kids' Rem SPS for a start. The action is "basic" in design but it's very smooth and just does the biz. Integral dovetail which is only a bonus IMHO.

As a deer gun, you could do a lot worse

Chris-NZ

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, I picked up a T3 hunter in .308 with S&B 6x42 on xmas eve. Only problem is when udjusting the trigger the spring for tensioning the safety catch pinged off and I cant find the damn thing, had half the family searching the area of the house in question including hoovering with a clean dyson the running a strong magnet over the dust!!

If any one has changed their T3 trigger and has a spare safety clip let me know please, I will be happy to pay a reasonable sum for it and postage.

Dave

Archived