humain despatch

lambsey

I've been asked earlier today by a vet friend of mine to go on there register for humain despatch. To assist in the despatch of mainly farm animals. My question is, do i need to inform my local police and will i need extra insurance, apart from the usual shooting insurance(BASC)

As I understand it............

Your licence would have to be worded to cover your back, so the question regarding notifying the police depends on what is already written.

Generally speaking if it is not specified on your licence you can't do it. I have heard others argue the reverse of this which is utter bo11ocks.

So shooting say a sheep could jeopardise your ticket. Seeing as you can demonstrate "good reason" then there is no reason not to clarify and request any alteration from the appropriate force.

I would seek their advice and then you are in the clear.

Maybe ask at the same time what their advice is to others in such circumstance regarding insurance or alternatively your current insurance provider, BASC, NGO etc.

A friend has the authority for this and it is worded something like "and the humane despatch of animals with regard to the management of the estate"

Hope this helps.

Archived