Scottish Full-Bore Clubs and Ranges

I only know of Blair Athol, Cawdor (further north) and Peter Jacksons range at Parton (now no longer open to the public)

Although ive visited Blair numerous times ive never shot on the range there and am looking forwards to it next year ;)

beat me to it legion ;)

good post!!!

i too am interested in finding out about ranges in scotland.

where can you find out about them? is there a "directory" of some kind?

also are these places where if you dont want to "compete" but you can just turn up and "play"?

would love to get somewhere you can just go to for load development and even start taking practicing at longer distances.

thanks again legion for the post

sauer / paul

No problem- i have since found out that there is a range down in fife at Blairadam, a few clubs use the facitity, i know it has a five hundred yard range. I will keep this site informed for all you guys north of the border.

There's also Speyside Full Bore Gun Club in Morayshire. They have their own Pistol Gallery Range and Clay Pigeon layout but also access to the 600 Yard Military Range here, currently about 10 times a year, I think.

are there any facilities closer to the central belt that members can recommend.

Tim, CASTLELAW RANGE near EDINBURGH, I'm not a member but have shot there a few times with my club and it has been ok. It is a metric range upto 600meters.

Tis the EAST of SCOTLAND RIFLE CLUB's local range they shoot there all the time. The club chairman is Major Bob Aitken

• 3 months later...

the annoying thing oput of all of this is that 15 miles away ther is "Barry Buddon"

full seto military ranges and greneade ranges and bomb disposal practice areas etc etc

i managed to get a look round and they have ranges all bloody over including 1200m ( way out o my league) down to pistol ranges

and can joe public get access? NOPE!!!!

it so close and i canna touch it

sauer

and can joe public get access? NOPE!!!!

it so close and i canna touch it

sauer

Are you sure....... I have shot there with Fclass a few times, the Carnoustie golf course runs very near by the range we were on.

Speak to Alan Maybon from SRA http://www.scottishrifleassociation.org.uk/

I'm sure he can tell you what club to join who shoot there.

Unless with in the last year there is a new rule not allowing any more public shooting then this is the range that the Scottish Championships are usually held.

Lee

hi Lee

cheers for info

im guessing that nothing has changed, i was talking as an individual not as part of a club or group.

i have no i dea bout target shooting its disciplines or differences in competition..

i was just imaging it as a place that i could just go to and play, load develope, and just generally plink....

gaining experince and getting to know my rifle better at various ranges..

i struggle with some of my permissions due to proximity to town or joe public, dog walkers etc etc

what i would give for a place like barry budon that i could do above on.

sauer / paul

Archived