Leica UK service centre?

Millwall Paul

I've looked on the internet and don't seem to be able to find a website for Leica for the repair or service of their binoculars in the UK. Does anyone have their address? Once I get my old binoculars back I intend to send my 8x42 geovids back to leica for a service. (taking them to africa seems to have taken it's toll the dust gets everywhere.)

Dont think there is a UK centre, Paul. I did find a dealer locator, here..

http://uk.leica-camera.com/service/dealer_...r/uk/index.html

I would guess they have to go via your nearest, back to Germany or switzerland, depending on which branch they originated from.

used that link baldie ,and found a place in uk via rest of leica uk site

my brothers just sent his back for a service and its in the uk too not just staging post for shipping em abroad

sure its the "camera" dept on services page but they do the binos too

sauer / paul

Ah, good stuff. I would have thought their service centre,s do everything, from camera,s, rangefinders, binoculars, etc...just lenses to them i guess.

Nice to get sorted in this country too.

just spoke to my brother bout his geovids, he'd dropped them and left lense all out o focus,

geovids are back just outside of a week away and done free of charge, had them for at least 3 years, and he says the like bloody new!!!!

very good service hes delighted

just one call and and given a name to call back if any problems whatsoever

sauer / paul

When I spoke to Leica UK earlier this year, it appeared that their rangefinders were serviced in Germany and it's quickest to deal direct. They're helpful: here's what I received from Andrea Frankl at Leica in Germany:

Thank you for your inquiery about the service of the rangefinder LRF 1200.

The price for checking the items are € 48,- incl. shipping costs. As faar the the price for a repair, we could not say how much it would cost until we know what needs to be done. If the item does need a repair, we would send an estimate first. You could send the rangefinder directly to our service here in Germany, or you can send it through our agency in England. Our address is mentioned below.

Let´s hope, that your rangefinder does not need a repair for a long time !

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / kind regards

Andrea Frankl

Leica Camera AG

Customer Service

Solmser Gewerbepark 8 / D-35606 Solms / Germany

www.leica-camera.com / andrea.frankl@leica-camera.com

Telephone +49(0)6442-208-189 / Fax +49(0)6442-208-339

Alles was eine gute Kamera braucht / Everything a good camera needs:

www.m.leica-camera.com

HTH - TonyH

As has been said i dropped my geovids & i sent them to leica uk & they were back fixed & look brand new within 7days. My range finder was ok just the left hand side was all blur after i dropped them i phoned them & was told to sent them & they would take a look. I sent them with a wee note inside & within 7days they were back like brand new & im over the moon.

Archived