GAME SHOOTING THREAT

Below is the wording of an early day motion that is being passed around the houses of parliament at the moment. so far signed by 64 mp's.

Perhaps a letter to your MP might be in order because this is a really serious threat.

"EDM 1684

GAME BIRD INDUSTRY

That this House notes that every year in Britain around 35 million pheasants and six million partridges are purpose-bred in cages, sheds and pens so that they can be released and shot for sport; is concerned about the suffering endured by these birds and by the large number of indigenous wild mammals and birds that are trapped, snared, poisoned and shot to protect this activity; *is alarmed by the thousands of tons of leadshot and plastic casings discharged annually by live quarry shooters,* and also by the disruption caused to native wildlife at the start of each shooting season when the millions of pheasants and partridges are released; and calls on the Government to bring forward legislation at the earliest opportunity to prohibit the production of birds for sport shooting, in line with the ban introduced in Holland in 2002. "

I well remember the saturday before one of the big hunting marches. I was on a game shoot my friend ran, beating for him. Not one of the guns chatting at dinnertime, was going on the march the next day, most were actively against it.

That was the last time i went beating.

it will never happen to us...they said.

How many more excuses do the the general public need to kick these bastards out of office next spring ?

The shooting community had better get its collective arse in gear. This motion is there for various reasons....peta, and the arsepca will have something to do with it, and also the mp,s know full well, that the hunting act is almost certainly going be repealed in the first Tory parliament.

Now IS the time to stand together.

Archived