custom .243

GP1

I have put a post up in the wanted section for a custom .243 have been looking for one for a few weeks now, my budget is around £1200 does anyone know of anything about thats in that price bracket or can give me any info on purchasing a good .243, its going to be used for fox & deer, 99% of my shooting is off the back of a land rover so weight isn't an issue.

Any advise is appreciated

How about some of the Riflecraft rifles, their semi custom ones fall into your price bracket and having shot them they make a lovely rifle. Or otherwise if you already have the base rifle what about getting one of the builders on here to make the moderations you want. They all have great reputations for the work they do.

Hi , I'm not sure about a custom rifle for that money but i know a friend who has a Remy in 243 ,set into an AI stock with a Jewell trigger , Ken Farrell picatinny rail , Badger rings and a T8 mod for that sort of money .

PM me if your interested .

regards

OSOK

Hi , I'm not sure about a custom rifle for that money but i know a friend who has a Remy in 243 ,set into an AI stock with a Jewell trigger , Ken Farrell picatinny rail , Badger rings and a T8 mod for that sort of money .

PM me if your interested .

regards

OSOK

Can't seem to PM you so can you PM me with a contact number and best time to phone

I can't send you a PM either , not sure why as it says your mesenger must be disabled or something like that !

Has anyone got a solution ?

regards

OSOK

OSOK you can send me an email which should be in my profile, i can't do PM's till 20 posts :)

How about picking up a sako 75 varmint SH

would proberly shoot great out of the can but for your budget you could have a custom tube screwed on if it wasent anything but exeptional!/or have it bedded/flutted bolt ect ect

nice action

great stock

decent trigger

OR

buy the cheapest remmy 700 on guntrader£375

have a custom barrel fitted£550

bell & carlson stock £2-300

aftermarket trigger £50-250

OR new savage single shot action with trigger(best factory trigger ive seen!)

custom tube £450(cheaper for a savage prechambered)

bang it in a bell & carlson stock 2-300

see here for savage options

http://www.ospreyrifles.com/custom.html

Job done:-)

cheers Andy

Andy thanks for that, i have shot one of osprey rifles and it was a great buy for what he paid, i am going to give myself a couple of weeks before i go down that road of getting one built, i have my eye on one at the moment just not to sure if its worth the money he wants, i like the sound of the one OSOK and talked about so just waiting to hear from him.

Still can't send you the message as its saying that your mesenger is disabled or your in a group that can't use the service ?

Maybe you have to have twenty posts to send or recieve , put two more posts on this thread then try again would be my option .

Regards

Greg .

Still can't send you the message as its saying that your mesenger is disabled or your in a group that can't use the service ?

Maybe you have to have twenty posts to send or recieve , put two more posts on this thread then try again would be my option .

Regards

Greg .

Greg i am trying and now need one more post :D

Stag 1933 shoots a Sako 75 Varmint in 243 and he is no mean shooter so it is good or it would be history. They certainly do not need a new custom barrel fitted or a custom trigger, the factory originals are capable of a great deal more than most of the shooters buying them.

Having got one and enjoyed its excellent shooting abilities, I would get one of the gunsmithing lads on here to polish the trigger scears and bed the action for you, you will then have a super rifle that will last you for years.

Redfox

I've just been told that the rifle was sold yesterday through a shop in Burton upon Trent called Livens 01283 568661 for £1200 but these things sometimes fall through so it may pay to ask with the shop just in case .

Regards

OSOK

Not custom and a bit above your budget, but York Guns has an as new Sako 85 Stainless Varmint at £1,415. Laminated stock, 20" heavy fluted stainless barrel with screwcut muzzle.

See it i/c small pics on the 'current stock' section on their website - www.yorkguns.com

Laurie

Archived