FAMOUS GROUSE WHISKEY.

stag1933

Cooking whisky.... ! For the same price or thereabouts, visit Lidl and get their sort-of malt, really very palatable and a damn sight smoother than Grouse. That's when I can't afford Inchgower, Old Pulteney etc. Favourite blended whisky is J&B. I hate Morrisons, crap supermarket, poor variety, never enough tills open so you queue for ages, lousy customer service, and (in my local branch) they have the cheek to charge £2 for parking which you then have to frig about reclaiming.

Regards, Tony

Very little interest on savings currently.

But GREAT SAVINGS on slurping at MORRISONS today.

FAMOUS GROUSE WHISKEY at £11.98 per LITRE.

I took 6 bottles into custody this morning, sip and save !

HWH.

Thanks for that Stag!!!!!!!!!! :D

I enjoy that on odd occasions , and with Christmas coming up thats just the excuse i need!!!!! :lol: :lol: ;):D

All the best.............

RAY.......................

Well, each night I take half-a-tumbler of whisky, 6 spoons of sugar and top it up with boiling water.

I do not mind if it is Bells, Grouse or even Lidls Piddle, whilst downing this I take two painkillers and then trundle off to bed.

We have NO problems here with Morrisons other than that at times they are very busy.

HWH.

I collect whiskey on a small scale, but I have recently been put onto aged bourbon, to get the equivalent whiskey you would pay double the price!! Try any of these with a little water and pain killers if neccesary:

Elijah Craig (strong but lovely)

Gentlemen Jack

Woodford Reserve (smooth)

There normally about £25 a bottle but I have to say they are worth the money.

• 2 months later...
FAMOUS GROUSE , £12 PER LITRE TODAY AT MORRISONS.

HAVE JUST TAKEN 3 INTO STOCK.

HWH.

Instant headache juice! I saw that offer, when (at the request of my spouse) I ventured into the seedy surroundings of Morrisons. Spurned it naturally, but thought I'd try a surprisingly cheap malt called Glen Moray at only £14.99/70cl - it's not bad! A very slightly medicinal Speyside, clean, goes down very smoothly...

Best blendeds are IMO J&B, and Baillie Nicoll Jarvie, quite palatable - Bells, Teachers, Grouse etc are paintstripper by comparison.

Yours (Glug!) TonyH

If you prefer your Glen Glug at £21.41 per litre then go for it .

Personally I will stick with the Grouse or Bells at £12 or so ,

6 spoons of sugar and boiling water.

The two painkillers I take at the same time are for my arthritic shoulders not a bad head.

Morrisons will be pleased to note that you consider their stores `seedy`.

HWH

If you prefer your Glen Glug at £21.41 per litre then go for it ...

It's all about quality and flavour, surely? Though if you're adding sugar and hot water, perhaps you're not bothered about such things! You get what you pay for, and though I rarely pay what's required to buy decent malt, the difference between that and supermarket whiskies such as Grouse is, well, enormous... Grouse etc do have their uses, and in warmer weather I drink my Scotch on the rocks - fill a large heavy tumbler with big cubes, half fill the remaining space with cooking whisky, top up with spring water. It would be a shame to waste single malt in this way.

Morrisons will be pleased to note that you consider their stores `seedy`.

I should worry? I detest Morrisons, thoroughly mediocre! They never used to be seen south of the Midlands until they took over Safeways, and just as well. I like Waitrose or Tesco, and for some things (Staropramen pilsner...) one of the newer, smarter branches of Lidl is surprisingly good. Morrisons is the only supermarket near me where I have to pay to park, then reclaim the money after shopping there, bloody infuriating. And their range of goods is crap.

Yours, sipping some (slightly) diluted Glen Moray - TonyH

Not entirely, we have Aldi, Somerfield [now Co-op], Co-op, Spar, B&M and plans in from Tesco.

Which-ever has my Grouse or Bells at twelve quid a litre can take my sponduliks !

[i am just sipping a large one at the moment, the pills come out later.]

HWH.

Oh Dear, things are bad: Aldi, Somerfield, the Co-op, Spar.... You must be in the Third World, never mind The Faeroes! I've never heard of B&M - some Congolese supermarket chain, maybe? Let me have your address and I'll arrange some Red Cross food (and booze) parcels. They'll only take a few weeks, by dugout canoe and native porters... What are the pills for? Malaria? :)

TonyH

Archived