A piccy to show You

nemasis243

nice size fox andy. there is dog fox on one of my permissions and hes very big .i watched him Scavenging when we had all that snow . havent seen him since .he will come in my sights one day :rolleyes:

Phil ,he sure was a monster but he isnt my biggest, I did one many moons ago at 46llb.

I hadnt long started fox shooting with a rifle and I had my first center fire which was a 222. Head shot it from 80yrds in long grass, only saw the head , what a big big shame, he was like a bag of spuds ,his tail though was like a round ball ,really strange :wacko: .

I shot him on a farm which had a huge dead pit where all the surrounding farmers dumped there dead stock,

He had been seen loads of times and I was told about it, but as I was just starting out at this game took it with a pinch of salt,

Took it to a taxidermist but he said there was know way he could match the head from something else as it was so big,

Skinned it off and keep it but didnt know how to cure it, just rubbed it in salt and left it, big mistake :blush:

cheers Andy

Hi that’s a good-sized dog fox all right, the largest I have taken was 28Lbs and that looked like a Red Border Collie; and the smallest one was a fully-grown vixen, which weighed in at 7 and half Lbs.

Shame it needs facial reconstruction, otherwise would have made a lovely mount :rolleyes:

ATB Bob

wow 46lbs is big, i might see if i can get hold of some fishing scales and keep them in the truck just incase i come across him again . he was like a alsatian. so the salt didnt work .whats the best way to cure a fur

Nice one Andy thats a fair beast for sure!

I got a picky of the largest one i had shot somewhere next to my old prohunter he was aobut that size d say & he was the most ginger hairy fox ive ever seen!

ill try & find it :angry:

cheers Andy

Archived