new rifle ordered

sauer

well i finally bit the bullet so to speak.... and went and ordered a new custom rifle from Russell Gall of RG Rifles.

i live bout an hour n a half ish away so he is relatively close.

I shoot from the left hand side but always used a right hand rifle, well my oldd rimmy was not so good at the start of the year so i went for a new cz452 left hander just to try it see how i got on......

wow....why didnt i go true left hander years ago?!?!?!?!?!!?

so seed planted bout left handers.....i was thinking bout my centerfire....which was a sauer202 synthetic in .25-06.

i phoned Russell a couple of times just to enquire bout my options....not sure how far to go semicustom from an old rifle donor etc.

well went up to see him and what a workshop?!?!?!?! and walked out ordering the rifle with specifications below. now i canna wait!!!!

So was centerfire less and did i not spot baldricks advert for a left handed .22-250 sako m591.

well i had authorisation for .22-250 but never bothered using it. so got a crackingg rifle from Baldrick which shoots cloverleaf!!!!

and i just await my Russell Gall rifle in approx 6 months.

So all in all ive converted all my rifles to true left hand and gained a rifle :-) :lol::)

quality!!!

so if you are left handed but fire right handed rifles ?....... switch !!! youll never regret it!!!

sauer

New Rifle Specifications below.

Batt stainless left hand long repeater action.

Kreiger stainless No 4 profile barrel cut at 24"

McMillan Remington Hunter stock, Black and grey marble with decelerator pad and 2 swivel studs fitted.

Pillar bedded to McMillan stock.

Barrel chambered in 25-06

Barrel fluted

Barrel screw cut 9/16 x 24 for North Star moderator.

Barrel bead blasted grey

North Star stainless moderator.

Invisible thread cap fitted.

Arnold Jewel trigger.

Remington BDL magazine system.

Action, bottom metalwork and sound moderator Teflon coated matt black.

Consulting is obviously paying its way :lol: . Like you and left handers i should have done it years ago. I am toying with the idea of a lefty. Ive sent you a PM.

Ads

cheers onehole its gonna be a long 6 months but baby no1 is 11 months old baby no2 due any day so just thankful im still getting out to play here n there!!!!

not heard bad report regarding anything russell gall has built that i know of......

wasnt planning on a full custom job and he didnt talk me into it either!!!

once decided to go true left handed i just thought i with my ability will never use it to full potential but i should have a rifle for life.

oh i canna wait...my scope is a swarovski 6.5 x24 x 50 pvs so i have the target turrets so hopefully start getting to try some longer range stuff too

sauer

Archived