Replacement Stock

I have a left hand Rem 700 vsf with the HS synthetic stock. I would like to replace it with an upgrade to a Manners/mcmillan or similar. The question is which stock configuration would most suit a rifle for every occasion. Bench, prone and walk about hunting. Are the manners thumbhole stocks suitable or purely tactical , what about the AICS system. Your advice would be much appreciated.

I have a left hand Rem 700 vsf with the HS synthetic stock. I would like to replace it with an upgrade to a Manners/mcmillan or similar. The question is which stock configuration would most suit a rifle for every occasion. Bench, prone and walk about hunting. Are the manners thumbhole stocks suitable or purely tactical , what about the AICS system. Your advice would be much appreciated.

I have a Manners Thumbhole (MCS-GAT) on my .223 which I use as you describe - Bench, prone, walk and I think it's a great all rounder. Great shape for prone but not as cumbersome as say a McMillan A5 for general use. I'm having a 6.5mm built on an identical stock.

I do not get on with the shape of the AICS but they are good value when you consider the cost of a mag system and bedding the Manners. I'm not sure the AICS is available in LH yet btw.

Tony

I have a Manners Thumbhole (MCS-GAT) on my .223 which I use as you describe - Bench, prone, walk and I think it's a great all rounder. Great shape for prone but not as cumbersome as say a McMillan A5 for general use. I'm having a 6.5mm built on an identical stock.

I do not get on with the shape of the AICS but they are good value when you consider the cost of a mag system and bedding the Manners. I'm not sure the AICS is available in LH yet btw.

Tony

Sporting Services -the main distributor of AI products had a number of true left hand AICS in stock a few months back in various configurations s/a l/a folding and various colours. I don't know if they have any left but I bought one myself about 4 months ago.Give them a call and they can give you any info you need

Gary

Archived