IS THIS A BAD HABIT?

Guest Sprags

Guest varmartin

You know how it can get on here on the odd occasion....

Dont loose faith in your fellow riflemen!

The only daft question is the one you dont ask !

Right, a real newbie question from me, but why measure it if you're not going to do anything about it if it's wrong? Save yourself the bother and just check the first couple to make sure the die is ok and then every few to check it hasn't moved.

I can see where Jamie is coming from with the seating depth thing, isn't it a fair point if you're running loads that are a little on the warm side and could possibly be reducing your case capacity?

All points from a complete amateur mind ;)

Guest Sprags
Right, a real newbie question from me, but why measure it if you're not going to do anything about it if it's wrong? Save yourself the bother and just check the first couple to make sure the die is ok and then every few to check it hasn't moved.

I can see where Jamie is coming from with the seating depth thing, isn't it a fair point if you're running loads that are a little on the warm side and could possibly be reducing your case capacity?

All points from a complete amateur mind ;)

I cannot remember anywhere in my post where I said that if I found one to be wrong I wouldn't do anything about it!

I understand completely regarding the seating depth but again, where did I say that I adjusted anything? I said, and I quote "each time I seat a bullet I take it out of the press and put it straight in the bullet comparator to check the length."

Regards,Sprags

I cannot remember anywhere in my post where I said that if I found one to be wrong I wouldn't do anything about it!

I understand completely regarding the seating depth but again, where did I say that I adjusted anything? I said, and I quote "each time I seat a bullet I take it out of the press and put it straight in the bullet comparator to check the length."

Regards,Sprags

Call me a c*** if you want, but if you read the two statements above it confuses me a little! Do you do something about the OAL if it's out, or do you not adjust anything? (By the way plenty of people call me that all the time, so please feel free, I wont be offended!) :rolleyes:

Regards,Sprags

Bumper pack of bum wipe for you my lad :rolleyes:

To be fair we measure case length, neck size, powder weight, some weigh and batch bullets and cases so measuring the end product doesn't really seem that odd to me.

Pete.

Guest Sprags
Call me a c*** if you want, but if you read the two statements above it confuses me a little! Do you do something about the OAL if it's out, or do you not adjust anything? (By the way plenty of people call me that all the time, so please feel free, I wont be offended!) :D

MY ORIGINAL POST:

"I have just reloaded 50 rounds for the Ackley and each time I seat a bullet I take it out of the press and put it straight in the bullet comparator to check the length. Do I need to check each one or is this a bad habit that needs to stop? :rolleyes:

I can see the sense in checking, but each one? :D "

Read the thread, I have stated more than once that I adjust nothing!

In my opening post I stated that after seating each bullet I then put it in the comparator to check the length. My seating die is set and does not get adjusted, my powder loads do not vary and my case lengths are the same. I simply said that I check each one and asked if it was a bad habit or a good one. A question I am beginning to regret asking in all honesty!

I will not call you a c***, thats not a nice thing to do and is not my style! :lol:

I use Redding dies, a Redding press, a Redding powder thrower, a Lyman 1200 dpsII electronic powder dispenser & scale which I do check consistency with using my Redding 5-0-2 scales and if I have any other questions regarding reloading I will keep em' to myself as this just aint worth the ######' effort!!

Regards,Sprags

Guest Sprags
Bumper pack of bum wipe for you my lad :D

To be fair we measure case length, neck size, powder weight, some weigh and batch bullets and cases so measuring the end product doesn't really seem that odd to me.

Pete.

Thank you Pete,

Oh, off on a tangent Pete but just to let you know, my Hogue stock is up for sale now as the Mcmillan has arrived and has been fitted! :lol:

It's rather nice too!! :rolleyes:

Guest Sprags

Regards,Sprags

Just for njc110381,

If I found something to be wrong, I would stop and try to put the fault right, If I were unsure as to what the problem was I would seek advice (though probably not on here now..... :D ) whatever it may be. But, now this is where you need to pay attention, if there are no problems, and there hasn't been any to date, I wouldn't alter anything, believe it or not, if I was happy with my end result I would in fact load some more and keep asking myself if I do in fact have OCD as Pete suggests :lol:

I know one thing though, I have neither the time or the energy to keep repeating myself or keep directing people back to my original post. . . . . .

Regards,Sprags

Now off to use half a ton of bog roll. . . . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Thank you Pete,

Oh, off on a tangent Pete but just to let you know, my Hogue stock is up for sale now as the Mcmillan has arrived and has been fitted! :lol:

It's rather nice too!! :D

Well where's the pics then Mr Smith? Oh, and for the benefit of others could you stop repeating yourself. :rolleyes:

Pete.

Guest Sprags
Well where's the pics then Mr Smith? Oh, and for the benefit of others could you stop repeating yourself. :rolleyes:

Pete.

:D:lol:

Pics to follow Pete!! :D

Archived