First class service..........

I have put this post here because I know more people that should read it will do,I recently bought a Zeiss 6-24x56 illuminated scope,and,I have been very happy with it,but,while I was out with Foxdropper a couple of weeks ago i noticed what I can only describe as a hair on the left hand reticle bar.This hair was totally invisible while it was used in daylight,and,even at night if the illumination was kept down low,but,if it was turned up a bit,the hair seemed to throw light back into my eye,thus making it harder to see the target.I had bought it from Uttings so I rang them,and,asked them what to do,and was told to send it back and they would have a look at it,and,see if they could do something or if not they would send it back to Zeiss,and,that it would take a while because they would have to send it to Germany,oh,and i would have to be without a scope in the meantime.I wasn't very happy with that answer,so,I rang Zeiss UK and told them my problem,the chap asked if I was going to the Midland,and,I said yes I was and we agreed to meet up on their stand.He looked through the scope and immediately said,no problem Sir,I will send one out as soon as I get back to the office,which he did,it arrived Wednesday morning,and,that is what I call service.

I am always the first one to slag off a company for bad practice,but,I will always give a round of applause for a very decent company,and,I would definitely use them again.

By the way,I have just sent a letter to 'Lightforce' about their lamps,so.........watch this space!!

Martin.

Archived