Fox Scopes

Just bought a SH 8 - 32 X 50 for my Rimmy, a little big yes but it was cheap and seems very good for the money (and having splashed out recently I was on a tight budget) :rolleyes: . Does anyone else have one, how do you find it and how much are they new?

Well I zeroed it yesterday twice for my Quad then took it shooting, everything worked fine and no POI changes when I wound the mag up and down. Parallax markings seemed pretty accurate although I don't use it for rangefinding. All in all I would say these are excellent value for money at face value, time will tell no doubt.

I have three of them, all 8-32s but with a couple of different objective lens sizes.

They are very good optically.

Vince Bottomley tested an early example in "Target Sports" maybe three years ago and gave it thumbs up, especially for the price. Click values and 'round the box' test results were all prety good. (Precious few scopes are less than 5% out on their click values irrespective of price!)

My three are all on Leupold QRW lever-mounts, and I put Weaver bases, better still Milspec Picattiny rails on all my rifles, so these three get taken off rifles and put on new ones all the time.

One did a season of F-Class at national league level on an F/TR rifle - cheapest scope in use on any of these matches I bet! One is on a .300 H&H Mag target rifle shooting 175-185s and even though loads aren't absolute max, I still wear a 'Magnum Recoil Shield' from SYSS to protect me. 350 rounds and the scope is still there!

They are big and they are heavy though! Not a problem for the average club target shooter, but potentially an issue for disciplines where it's easy to get up to the maximum allowed all-up weight. Far too heavy for any custom rifle being built for F/TR for instance. An issue too for the fox shooter who wants a walking rifle.

So, that's my experience on a sample of three. I'm sure there's the odd bum example produced (like there was for a few years when the Japanese were getting into the scope building business), but Brian Fox will replace it no questions asked. No doubt about it, the Chinese are here to stay and we'll see their stuff becoming as sophisticated as everybody else's as they gain experience.

Laurie

I have three of them, all 8-32s but with a couple of different objective lens sizes.

They are very good optically.

Vince Bottomley tested an early example in "Target Sports" maybe three years ago and gave it thumbs up, especially for the price. Click values and 'round the box' test results were all prety good. (Precious few scopes are less than 5% out on their click values irrespective of price!)

My three are all on Leupold QRW lever-mounts, and I put Weaver bases, better still Milspec Picattiny rails on all my rifles, so these three get taken off rifles and put on new ones all the time.

One did a season of F-Class at national league level on an F/TR rifle - cheapest scope in use on any of these matches I bet! One is on a .300 H&H Mag target rifle shooting 175-185s and even though loads aren't absolute max, I still wear a 'Magnum Recoil Shield' from SYSS to protect me. 350 rounds and the scope is still there!

They are big and they are heavy though! Not a problem for the average club target shooter, but potentially an issue for disciplines where it's easy to get up to the maximum allowed all-up weight. Far too heavy for any custom rifle being built for F/TR for instance. An issue too for the fox shooter who wants a walking rifle.

So, that's my experience on a sample of three. I'm sure there's the odd bum example produced (like there was for a few years when the Japanese were getting into the scope building business), but Brian Fox will replace it no questions asked. No doubt about it, the Chinese are here to stay and we'll see their stuff becoming as sophisticated as everybody else's as they gain experience.

Laurie

Thanks for that, have used it a couple of times since and haven't changed my mind. Brilliant for the money.

Archived