Never To Forget This One

Hello All

It's not very often i put anything on here but i thought this might be worth a read for some of you and i've been encoraged by a very good friend to put a write up on here about what happened over the last few days.

On friday evening when i got home from work i collected the post off the floor as usual to find my firearms license, and not wanting to waste anytime i opened it and checked it to make sure it was all ok which it was, so with that it was a quick call to my RFD and then down to collect the new parker hale tx1200 that i had been waiting quite some weeks for and as this is my first center fire in this country i was chuffed to bits.

To say i was pleased is an understatement so while i was there i bought some goodies and paid my RFD and headed for home like a dog with two tails, this has taking me quite some time to get the money together for all my kit so i was very excited and itching to play as you can imagine .

Anyway, i got home and in no time at all the scope was on and ready to go and over the weekend it was let loose on the paper punching, happy with the results i got from the Hornady boat tail soft points i headed for a friends and we took off for a look around for my first shot on a moving target.

Well we got to the ground and the air was cooling nicely but the light was fading too so we made off across a stubble field sticking closely to the hedges, every now and again having a quick look around with the binoculars. By the time we got to the last field i was pretty knackerd from all the walking , when suddenly i seen something move, i froze instantly and then slowly i put my sticks against the hedge and reached for the bino's only to find it was a daft bunny at about thirty five yards away which wasn't a shot so i carried on checking with the binoculars first to left of the bunny then slow to the right following the edge of the wood. Being nearly dark it was still possible to see but the light was fading fast now, as i was scanning down the hedge line of the wood the picture went blurry for a bit then clear again , puzzled at the odd picture i got through the bino's i looked again then refocused them only to find a huge big red twelve pointer standing no more than fifty or sixty yards from me :lol: .I that which promotes growth and vigour MYSELF.

My heart was almost ripping through my rib cage to get out and i knew that this was the moment i had been waiting for for along time, i had spent so much time talking and listening about the subject of this animal i just couldn't believe this majestic beast was grazing away so close in front of me with no knowledge of my presents, so it was time for me to get a grip on this moment and deal with it .So slowly i reached for my sticks but as i grabbed them they snapped together and the stag was bolt upright listening carefully for anything that might be a threat, i froze and waited for him to make the next move which wasn't long , content and happy there was no threat he carried on grazing which gave me time to move my sticks into position and carefully take aim.

As i watched him through the scope my heart was making so much noise i couldn't decide where to place my shot , finally i settled my thoughts on the heart of the animal and took my final deep breath before i gently squeezed . The gun went off and the animal rose up and bolted towards the wood which left me pissed that i had wounded such an animal but to my surprise he didn't make the wood he dropped fifty yards from where i took aim. As i approched i was very nervous when getting up close to him so i stood off ten yards and waited, there was only the movement of one leg which rose up slowly then down again as he finally gave up the fight on life. After a quick poke in the eye with the barrel to make sure my job and challenge was over i stood back to take in what had just happened and i could not believe that i had just shot my first red stag with my first shot from my first 7.62 , what a memory and what an animal after the congrats had been said we dragged it up the field with the quad and done the job of the gallock which was done very tidilly by keith with the help of me and caroline.

Many thanks to Keith and Caroline for there advice and help as it would not of happened without them, when we got the beast back to the chiller and got him on the hook he weighed in at 291lb so we reckon he must of been close to 400lb when shot he was a huge animal for my first and i will never forget the day for as long as i live.

MANY THANKS ..........

CHEERS CHRIS

DSCF0017.jpg

Congratulations Chris, what a superb way to start off with a new gun.

Lets hope its the first of many for you.

That head will look superb when Keith gets it finnished for you.

Hope to catch up soon.

Dave

Guest varmartin

Holy that which promotes growth and vigour Chris......What a way to blood your 7.62.....

You look extremely pleased , and quite rightly so ... :lol:

Let us know when you cook up a Haunch......Ill give you a hand to eat it ...god knows you`ll need it ! ;)

Holy that which promotes growth and vigour Chris......What a way to blood your 7.62.....

You look extremely pleased , and quite rightly so ... :lol:

Let us know when you cook up a Haunch......Ill give you a hand to eat it ...god knows you`ll need it ! ;)

Thanks Martin

I won't be cooking it atall as at this time of the year they piss all over themselves for the rut and they stink and don't taste very nice for my liking .

CHEERS

CHRIS

Well done young man!!!! :lol:;)

I am so glad after all that time and effort , it finally paid off for you!!! ;):lol:

All the best.......................

RAY..........................................

So Penelope cannot be prised out of your hands for love nor money then eh?

Excellent result Chris! What a way to start off with your new gun.

Best regards

Gareth

Hello Gareth

May i say penelopy has perform like every good female , if you want them enough and do your best by them they will take care of the rest and perfom better than us mate , she's a cracker . Any news on the open sights for her as i would like to give it a go with out the scope some time to see what and how penelopy perfoms out of curiosity.

One happy bunny though, :lol:

CHEERS

CHRIS.

Well done young man!!!! :lol:;)

I am so glad after all that time and effort , it finally paid off for you!!! ;):lol:

All the best.......................

RAY..........................................

Cheers dude your help and insight went into it too and im very gratefull.

CHEERS

CHRIS

Cheers dude your help and insight went into it too and im very gratefull.

CHEERS

CHRIS

You always are and always will be very welcome!!! :lol::D

Appreciate our lifelong friendship and your kindness B) and could not be happier for you!! :D

All the best.....................

RAY................................................

Bloody Hell Chris couldnt you find a bigger one :lol:

Thats one fine beasty,

well done there mate

All the best Andy

Andy i do apologise for not trying hard enough i promise to try and flatten a larger beast next time mate B)

Just got the trophy back this evening and im well impressed , will put the pics up when i get time.

Take Care

CHEERS

CHRIS :D

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the invite and being there to share your special moment, you are a greedy b - - - - - d, had you shot the rabbit we would have been home in time for tea, but as it was we had an eventfull evening.

Sorry I missed you when you called to collect your trophy, Caz said you were grining from ear to ear, if you dont have room for the trophy at home M&S could use it as a hat rack.

I must say a big thankyou to Ray (Vaminter) for it was his ever present enthusiasm for our sport that pushed you to get involved in stalking, just a pity Ray was not there to witness your finest hour so far.

Cant wait to see the trophy pics on here mate.

Regards,

Keith.............AKA.......The Deer Stalker

I must say a big thankyou to Ray (Vaminter) for it was his ever present enthusiasm for our sport that pushed you to get involved in stalking, just a pity Ray was not there to witness your finest hour so far.

Cant wait to see the trophy pics on here mate.

Regards,

Keith.............AKA.......The Deer Stalker

No need to thank me buddy!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Its friends like you and others that give me the drive and passion for shooting!!! ;):lol:

We are very fortunate that we can keep a open mind and learn from each other all the time too!!

The nicest thing is , that you was there when Chris took his first Red and i was there when he shot his first ever Deer!! - dont get much better then that does it!!! :lol:

All the very best..................

RAY.......................................

Archived