7mm Rem Mag barrel Length

A good mate of mine has just picked up a new Sauer 7mm Rem mag,

The barrel length is only 20" ,he has shot it but he is looking to get something a bit longer and also alittle heavier and is going to replace the tube.

Anybody got any ideas on what the best length would be for a med/heavy tube in this Calibre?,

The rifle is to be used for stalking and long distance shooting,

Cheers Andy

i had a 26" tube on my old remmy. thats with a mod did half make it awkward when stalking. I was going to get it rebarreled to a 24" heavey tube but sold it. If you dont intend to use a mod then stay with a 26" otherwise personaly i would go with 24".

He will probably be restricted to what Sauer offer as replacements as they do calibre change barrels for the 200 and 202 series (which I am guessing is what your friend has)

Would imagine 20 inch is interesting to shoot, would have preferred 24 inches myself on a RM.

He will probably be restricted to what Sauer offer as replacements as they do calibre change barrels for the 200 and 202 series (which I am guessing is what your friend has)

Would imagine 20 inch is interesting to shoot, would have preferred 24 inches myself on a RM.

Andy,

Border now advertise drop in barrels for Sauer rifles which include a rear adapter.

Archived