Hunting day in school

ds1

Just had a nice day out with the kids, the local school was the venue for a kids hunting society competition. The local hunting society and woodland commission set up a competition day - ten tables where teams of 3 kids would be asked a list of questions about stuff on the tables.

Thes tables included floara and fauna, hunting dog stuff, dear and boar id, bird id, rifle and shotgun stuff. Displays included stuffed boar and deer, bee hives, rifles, drillings and shotguns. There was also the oportunity for kids to use air rifles, saw wood etc.

About 70 kids and parents attended - not bad for a small village.

David.

sounds excelent. Unfortunately after the rucas that has been created over a school lamb being sold for slaughter (not by the kids but the parents) I think there is really no hope - and this was in an entirely rural sheep farming area!

It did bring a few things home to me......even the twins (six years old) take so much in when going on walks and in the woods, they knew more than me about berries, birds and trees. Also at the event there were more girls than boys.

I know we are lucky that the kids "play" outside and not stuck in front of the TV or computer (computer games are not allowed - it is easy because they don`t know what an x box is).

It has not gone down the PC route here yet - but give it 10 years or so.......shame the Czechs joined the EU.

David.

Things like that will never ever happen in the Uk anymore,

With all the things that have happened with school/gun related incidents,

You mention taking an air rifle to show kids in a school they would probalbly have you locked up .

At least the Children over there are getting some important info , kids over here seem to be more interested in playstations and X boxes, I dont think they would be even interested if they were given the chance anyway :rolleyes:

Its A Big Shame

Archived