Out with a mate for a few charlies

nemasis243

Well after a bugger of a day in work yesterday I decided to have a mooch about last night, I have a mate who comes home every so often as he is usually overseas with the forces, anyhow he was down for a couple of days and he wanted to go lamping one night ,so last nite we were off,

We didnt go out till late as he had to do the family thing so I picked him up about 11.30 and off we set to a small farm not far from his place.

We got into the first field and nothing and as I now the ground well I decided to call in a better spot, so we crossed another field and I made a few noises,

It wasnt long before I had two charlies in the same field at the same time, I had a cracking head shot on the first and a broad side on the second as he was a fair way off,

I took a couple of pics then we moved around a few fields and started our way back , as my mate flicked the lamp round we scanned another pair of eyes laying down in the grass looking at use, I set up on my cross sticks to have a look and it was a ginger,so I chambered a round and sent a 58grner to say goodnite,

As the report from the shot come back another set of eyes lit up out to our left ,I turned slightly and it was another fox, he was out about 180yrds and I settled down for the shot,

He just stood there ,knowing something wasnt rite but seemed to stupid to move, I slowly dropped the bolt and eased pressure on the trigger and sent another screamer on its way,

Cracking shot was the reply from my mate , another head shot to finish the night on ,

I have put the pics on photobucket but for some reason I cant put them up .I will try and get it sorted and get them on here for you.

cheers Andy

Well after a bugger of a day in work yesterday I decided to have a mooch about last night, I have a mate who comes home every so often as he is usually overseas with the forces, anyhow he was down for a couple of days and he wanted to go lamping one night ,so last nite we were off,

We didnt go out till late as he had to do the family thing so I picked him up about 11.30 and off we set to a small farm not far from his place.

We got into the first field and nothing and as I now the ground well I decided to call in a better spot, so we crossed another field and I made a few noises,

It wasnt long before I had two charlies in the same field at the same time, I had a cracking head shot on the first and a broad side on the second as he was a fair way off,

I took a couple of pics then we moved around a few fields and started our way back , as my mate flicked the lamp round we scanned another pair of eyes laying down in the grass looking at use, I set up on my cross sticks to have a look and it was a ginger,so I chambered a round and sent a 58grner to say goodnite,

As the report from the shot come back another set of eyes lit up out to our left ,I turned slightly and it was another fox, he was out about 180yrds and I settled down for the shot,

He just stood there ,knowing something wasnt rite but seemed to stupid to move, I slowly dropped the bolt and eased pressure on the trigger and sent another screamer on its way,

Cracking shot was the reply from my mate , another head shot to finish the night on ,

I have put the pics on photobucket but for some reason I cant put them up .I will try and get it sorted and get them on here for you.

cheers Andy

SOUND LIKE YOU HAD FUN ANDY

Archived