Mixed bag

foxhunter

Yesterday evening saw me and Ratcherman out for a wander on his patch with shotgun and .22 rimmy.

We passed a stubble field with a few pigeons and rooks on it , so put out a few decoys but we had no hide and just had to try and conceal ourselves at the edge of a wood.

Anyway we got a bit of shooting before the rain descended. We then drove to another farm and managed a few bunnies with the .22.

On the way I called in to see a landowner who has a little piece of ground and secured the rabbit shooting there . As we drove down the driveway there was a fox in the field just sitting watching us.

So not a bad look out , a mixed bag and a little bit extra ground.

MIXED002.jpg

Hi Spud,

I knew people would think that but its actually a grouse mate !!!

i dont see many off them , but i can see it in the tail now . sorry for the accusation more of an observation really

Nice to get out with the shotty for a change, must get mine out sometime and have a blast.

Been a bit tide up with the rifles for a while so a change is welcome.

A great mixed bag and a lot of fun.

Cheers

Dave

Nice 1 Mark but i dont beleave the grouse it dosent have the hairy legs & feet you get even on young grouse. Please dont tell me you shoot grey partridge's i havent shot 1 for 10-11yrs.

Here you go V-max .............I originally thought is was a female Red grouse.

But the more I study it I think its a female Black grouse as its plumage is a lot lighter than that of the Red grouse .

MIXED003.jpg

Here you go V-max .............I originally thought is was a female Red grouse.

But the more I study it I think its a female Black grouse as its plumage is a lot lighter than that of the Red grouse .

MIXED003.jpg

Thats a cracker but it is quite strange as a female blackcock is a grey hen & in the name they are quite a grey tinge plumage & are quite a big bird. Your bird has me stumbed from the pics as in the first pic i thought it was a gray partridge.

Archived