RCBS Chargemaster combo

sean c

Hi all,

I recently bought a chargemaster combo from the US which is playing up.

When the dispenser keypad is used specifically numbers 2,5,8 and zero they perform the function of the key to the right ie. 2=3,5=6 and so on.

I'm now on my second dispenser which i picked up yesterday from parcel force and it does the exact same thing. Ive told RCBS and Ive got a feeling its the scales not the dispenser which is shot.

What i would like to know is as anybody had this happen to them and if so did you sort it without getting a replacement or does anybody locally have a set of chargemaster 1500 scales which i could try with the dispenser just to try and pinpoint the problem once and for all.

Cheers,

Sean.

RCBS are going to send me another complete unit. But the down side to this is you have to smash the old unit up so i cant really have a play and see if i could have fixed it.

Never mind should be sorted soon fingers crossed.

Sean.

Thanks MB ive looked on there and a few other forums and i think one suggestion was to wipe the circiut boards down with a anti-static cloth.

But its to late for mine, it's made friends with a 20oz claw hammer now!

Thanks MB ive looked on there and a few other forums and i think one suggestion was to wipe the circiut boards down with a anti-static cloth.

But its to late for mine, it's made friends with a 20oz claw hammer now!

I had exactly the same problem and they sent me a replacement which is now working fine.

The only down side was that I had to pay customs on the replacement :D

I had exactly the same problem and they sent me a replacement which is now working fine.

The only down side was that I had to pay customs on the replacement :D

Yeah my replacment also didnt work (dispenser only) and i got stung by customs again. But a complete new unit is coming out now and no doubt i will get stung again.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah my replacment also didnt work (dispenser only) and i got stung by customs again. But a complete new unit is coming out now and no doubt i will get stung again.

This has also happened to me .They sent a dispenser replacement which also didnt work then a complete new 2 piece unit. Some times i cant get 5 to show but i have found if you peel the keypad back just a little it works fine. I also was caught 3 times by customs but after a few letters and a 4 month wait they refunded me.

Archived