out on the stubble part 2

got to the fields for 5.30,didn't see much for a the first hour or so,the spotted a roe buck crossing a field about 300 yards away my mate said he would probably come out in a gully to our left about 200 yards away,so we made our way slowly down to the bottom of the field glassing to see if the buck was still heading in the same direction,we got to the corner of the field just as the buck started to make his way through the hedge in front of us at about 60 yards i dropped down on the bipod and the first buck was down,saw a couple of does but no more bucks so home for breakfast and back out in the evening

PICT0093.JPG

back out for 6pm,seen a few more roe does over the next 2hrs and one big roe buck in a field adjoining my mates permission heading to the field we were in but about 50 yards from the hedge he turned and went the other way and kept on going and went out of sight [ another day :lol:]the light was starting to go now as we made our way back to the car.As we came to the last field before the car my mate spotted this mutjac buck coming along the hedge line to wards us so took him off the sticks at about 90 yards

PICT0087.JPG

i'd like to know if he's anything out of the ordinary his antlers are about 3.5'' long is this a good head or just a run of the mill,i've shot a few before but this is the biggest,so any body with experience in these things the help would be much appreciated

PICT0096.JPGPICT0097.JPG

thanks for any help paul

A very nice outing for you Paul!!! :D:lol:

good to see the new rifle doing well for you too!!! :wub:

All the best......................

RAY.........................

Nice one Paul, a good result for you and the AI.

As for the Muntie, looks a nice head.

I'd certainly have it boiled out and mounted, as I understand it a 10cm buck is considered a Bronze medal (56 – 58.49 CIC pts),Silver Medal (58.5 – 60.9 CIC pts), Gold Medal (+ 61 CIC pts).

I got a nice one myself on Sunday, I'll put a pic up later.

ATB

Moses

Archived