.243 ACKLEY IMPROVED

Guest Sprags

Guest Sprags

I have kept it quiet but old Sprags has had his .243 rebarrelled and chambered in .243 AI, I was out with Chris today developing the load and setting it up, I must say that I am impressed.

Heres a pic of the 5 shot group at 100yds :D

Ackleygroup5shotsMedium.jpg

Now, if I'm correct, which for once I think I may be, that makes the group 0.171 :)

Now that is not bad at all is it?

Regards,Sprags

That group stopped you whinging about walking backwards and forwards to and from the target didn't it Gray? :) Told you you'd like the Ackley. :D

Pete ( definitely the best looking out of the motley crew shooting today, only a mother could love 'em )

PS. You forgot to mention the spec of your big bucks custom rifle.

Guest Sprags
That group stopped you whinging about walking backwards and forwards to and from the target didn't it Gray? :P Told you you'd like the Ackley. :)

Pete ( definitely the best looking out of the motley crew shooting today, only a mother could love 'em )

PS. You forgot to mention the spec of your big bucks custom rifle.

Yes Pete, it did stop me whinging, my back is killing me by the way. :D

And, yes, you did say I would like the Ackley and I do, it has impressed the hell out of me.

"Only a mother could love em" :D You are not wrong mate!!

Oh yeah, the spec of this 'big bucks custom rifle', we will have to leave that until tomorrow as I am in need of some beauty sleep ;)

Regards,Sprags

Guest Sprags
Nice grouping there Sprags.

I was out lamping with Chris last night and he told me all about your rifle......three times !!

He certainly knows his stuff Tikka :rolleyes:

How did you get on with the lamping?

That's a really great group! .243AI is a nice round for long range varminting; bit of a drag in this country though, having to get it certificated ostensibly for deer before you can use it for its primary purpose.

Here's my Canadian friend's varmint rifle in the same calibre - customised Sako by Darrell Holland, Schneider barrel. He's taken groundhogs out to nearly 700 yards with it.

Regards, TonyH

Archived