stalking/shooting sticks

B&Q garden canes, vaccum drive bands and ingenuity.

Had my set for 10+ years and only had to change the drivebelts once :rolleyes:

I use either the telescopic X3M1 ones or the shooting canes, with the shooting canes I've found that electrical rubber grommets work just as well at holding them together. I've also just made a set of quad pod type sticks but am yet to try them out. If you google Quadpod you get their website although I think they're a bit expensive for what they are, hence making my own.

BOG-pod's are very solid if you like a tripod, $130 for the camo version.

I also have a £25 Bushwear bipod, cheap, light & flexy, ok'ish for close shots or for sitting shots.

I've used garden canes a lot too but prefer putting a bolt through them- can still be used sitting, just with the legs well spread :rolleyes:

cheers

AndyCM

I have got 2 pairs of the Jeager Knobloch their not cheep but they are the best i have tried , I have one set for 11yrs and are still going strong,

They were that good I picked up a second set when I saw a pair being sold by a mate cheap.

I have tried the £25 one's that the sportsman do and when you compare you can see why they are £25 ,

I do alot of shooting off sticks and can recommend them.

Hope you find what your looking for ,

ATB Andy

When I changed my pigeon hide poles for some with kickers I made two of the redundant poles into a bipod. They are two piece telescopic and tied with a bungee, pipe insulation at the V and marked so that I can get them in the boot then open them to the proper height for stalking.

Archived