FINANCIAL SCAM VIA INLAND REVENUE.

stag1933

On the 10th of this month I got an E.Mail supposedly from HMRC telling me they had viewed my fiscal activities and that I was entitled to a refund of £285.45 GBP and to complete the form and submit same.

Being a miserable old git who does not believe in tooth fairies and free lunches from strangers I contacted the office at Preston and was reluctantly told by the person in charge that this was a scam and I was given their `phishing` address at :- phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk`.

I forwarded the E.Mail there.

On the 15th a similar item from the same source arrived but was put into `spam` by Norton Security although the first had slipped through their net. This was slightly different in form with a different reference number but again mentioned the Preston office of HMRC.

The amount this time had increased and £327.54 GBP were on offer.

This too has been sent to the `phish`shop.

BEWARE OF STRANGERS BEARING GIFTS !

HWH.

Funny had the same mails and figures, me and you must earn the same ?????????

Received this at work so opened the attachment, let works IT sort out any problems and the £327 refund turned into a £285 debit.

Passed it onto our IT support and yes it is all phishing. A pretty obvious one really as why would the inland revenue need your bank details, they already know my shoe size ?

Archived