Opening Day on the Reds

Sorry for the delay on this one, been busy in work and only just had the pictures from Keith.

Well it was a great opening day on the reds, it pissed down in the morning and we failed to get out.

Thankfully the clouds cleared by tea time and the sun shone briliantly.

After 3 days of rain this sun would bring the reds out.... game on.

Keith aka Deer Stalker on here and I set out to try a new high seat over looking a corn field, we could see patches every where, where the reds were lying in the corn.

We set up in the high seat and waited a red hind came out and munched her way into the corn.

She was soon followed by a stag still in velvet and a pricket and hind, I shot the pricket a great start to the season, we sat our ground as the pricket was stoned. 10 minutes went by and another hind jumped out followed by another pricket this got the same treatment as the first.

With 2 in the bag it was time to get the quad!

NVQ_054.jpg

By the time we gralloched them and got everything sorted we got back to Keith by 1.30 am and we were back up at 4 to have another go!

The high seat being a new one and had not been christened until I had the reds from it. Keith bestowed the honour of naming it "The Dentists Chair" and the other new one further round the field is now nick naned the "Waiting Room" :angry::D

Thanks for the honour Keith :D and thanks for a brilliant few days.

Cheers

Dave

Spot on, what an honour, must say I would rather be in the high seat than a real dentist chair :angry:

Which shooting stick did you take on this trip?

regards

Dave

It was my pleasure to let Dave name the new seats. Im with you Scotch egg on which Dentists Chair I would rather sit in, I can honestly say that Dave is the only dentist that does not send a shiver down my spine.

Hope to see you again soon Dave.

Regards,

Keith

Spot on, what an honour, must say I would rather be in the high seat than a real dentist chair :angry:

Which shooting stick did you take on this trip?

regards

Dave

Cheers Dave it made Keith and I laugh when the names were thought up.

I was using my 6mmHot from the seat as it is moderated, hence we managed 2 together quite quickly.

My walk around stalking rifle isn't moderated as I find a moddy spoils the balance and rarely a second shot is available.

Cheers

Dave

It was my pleasure to let Dave name the new seats. Im with you Scotch egg on which Dentists Chair I would rather sit in, I can honestly say that Dave is the only dentist that does not send a shiver down my spine.

Hope to see you again soon Dave.

Regards,

Keith

As ever Keith, your company and sense of humour are superb, I always relish my trips down to see you.

Catch up real soon.

Dave

"THE DENTIST CHAIR"

I bet theres been a few old DEERS that have heard those imortal words,

"LAY DOWN , THIS WONT HURT A BIT" :angry::D

ANOTHER OLD DEER GETTING A GOOD OLD""" DRILLING""" ,AH Dave :D

Nice one buddy

ATB Andy

Nice going Dave!!! <_<;)

Sorry we did not get to meet up :( , hopefully meet up again soon!!!

All the best.............

RAY.............................

Archived