New toy(to me) the "BB" Gun

Well finally got round to sorting the .308PSS l picked up a couple of months ago

Rem .308 PSS

Jewel Hunter/Varmint trigger

Karsten cheek piece

AICS 5+10 shot mags

HS stock, fully relieved and devcon bedded

Badger bottom metal, fully relieved and devcon bedded

Barrel choped to 20" with 11 degree crown, threaded for ASE Ultra end can or a decent break

Farrel 20MOA rail, re-inletted to take EGW scope rings

l'd like to say many thanks to Mike Norris of Brock and Norris for all his time putting up with me while l learned my machining skills again, and then for his good sence to kick me out of his workshop door before l became a permenent fixture.

BBGun001.jpg

BBGun003.jpg

Cheers mate.

l shot another 4 shot group (all the brass l had in that powder charge) including another "fouler" and they all touched as well.... Nice to know l don't need to worry too much about my first shot going stray.

Look forward to sqeezing the trigger on that soon my friend.

Looks sweet.

bout time I got me a 308 I think....

Guest varmartin

Looking good ...

every one needs a .308......

It may not be the most accurate round in the world, or the cheapest to make good reloads.......But there is something about a .308....

Every time I pick my Musgrave out the rack and shoulder it......squeeze off a round ..it hits its mark.....

Andy

Yup, s'bout time you came back into the real world, and left some of that expensive - exotic stuff alone...

lt could have drawn bloody that night, but as l said l'd run out of rounds or bambi would have got a headache :P

As "Boris" the sneaky Russian (from the film Snatch) said..... "Heavy is good!! if it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it!!"

Women and Fast Cars..... Very dangerous/expensive to handle more than one at a time.

Rifles on the otherhand..... Perfectly safe to have several hanging about and ready to pick up at any time......

Andy

Yup, s'bout time you came back into the real world, and left some of that expensive - exotic stuff alone...

lt could have drawn bloody that night, but as l said l'd run out of rounds or bambi would have got a headache :wacko:

Know what you mean bud, but like the gucci kit :lol:

Have only got 308 unfilled on ticket so maybe a standard factory is next (well and a 30/338LM and another space for another 338 barrel :rolleyes: )....

undecided and I have been seriously mulling this one over for ages.

If I got a PSS I would only start customising it (like yours)

Was considering a Surgeon s/a in a Mac M40 with 5r tube and SYSS mag......kind of "retro tac" with a a 10x42 on da top...

The only factory kit that appeals are another AW (but I hate the damn stock) or a Kepplnger, or a LRS2,,,,,

I can make my own using the Surgeon for half the price of any of these (well almost)

Yes, I am a TART :lol:

Andy.

A lot of folks can't shoot past the glorious 1000yrd make for the lack of range/land, and some folks won't believe what a .308 on a short barrel is capable of. Cheap ball ammo to play with and accuracy loads to chuck at the cat, and you can walk into any shop in the world and pick up a box of .308 that will shoot well enough for your needs.......

l shall rest my case l think.....

Archived