Clulite Blazer Lamp

Hi all ive just noticed that Cluson are doing a 100watt Blazer lamp. Same size as their clubman range but obviously double the wattage bulb.

People rave about the standard lamp but has anyone got experience with the Blazer ones????

Would the extra power give a better and longer range or would it flood out too much?

Hi all ive just noticed that Cluson are doing a 100watt Blazer lamp. Same size as their clubman range but obviously double the wattage bulb.

People rave about the standard lamp but has anyone got experience with the Blazer ones????

Would the extra power give a better and longer range or would it flood out too much?

I have the Lazer & the Blazer, i bought the Blazer purely for Foxing, it reaches out a bit further than the Lazer, but it won't help you bag more Foxes.

I haven't put them side by side for a test, but now i feel that a thorough test will be undertaken soon and i'll post the details on here.

A good lot of us are using Lightforce lamps, have you managed to do any comparisons with their range ?

A

I only have the Lightforce 240 Blitz, and it knocks the two cluson lamps i have out of the water, i have spotted foxes at over 600 yards with it, the down side of the BLITZ is battery life, you need at least 18amp to run this lamp for a good lamping session.

I also run a 240 Blitz on a roof lamp, without the coloured lens on you can get quarry id to 400 yards and eye reflections at 600 yards in good conditions. In quite poor conditions one night last week I had a vixen at just over 200yards with the 240 and a green lens, I would not though have been able to extend another 50 yards with any certainty unless I took the lens cover off.

My 170s also run 100w bulbs but have nowhere near the output, beams are all set to be as tight as possable.

The only lamp I know that beats a 240 is a WW2 naval spotlamp that a friend has wired to a dedicated set of batteries in an old Defender. Big stainless beast, he only uses it to take shots as the 240 is better for spotting. You just cannot believe how tight that beam is.

A

I was mainly wondering if the extra wattage was useable or just a waste! but as you say it does reach further.

I run a 17amp battery and it lasts for a good session with the Blazer, but i don't think it is any better than the Lazer.

Cheers for the info guys.

So basically the blazer isnt worth the extra £15 over the Lazerlite. Thats all i need to know! lol

thats what i like about this site proper shooters with proper experience!

Cheers for the info guys.

So basically the blazer isnt worth the extra £15 over the Lazerlite. Thats all i need to know! lol

thats what i like about this site proper shooters with proper experience!

The £15 is better put to purchasing more ammo :D

Hi Mildot

I bought one to use in my early night vision days, as the infra red lens covers were/are a hellva lot lot cheaper than the Lightforce ones :)

Still use it occasionally, it size makes more enjoyable on those walking forays, and it sucks less juice from the battery pack than the 240 Blitz, which gives me an excuse to be out longer ;);)

I've never compared the two directly, but personally believe the Blitz would easily have the edge, but as already said it isn't the light that gets the job done.

Personally I'd stick with what you already have, more than up to the job.

Archived