Action Info Please

Hi Guys just need to clarify something

If I was to buy an action with say a 308 or a 223 boltface how would this be classed as I dont know what I am gonna do with it at the mo??

And how would it appear on your FAC?

cheers Andy

If you have a space for a rifle it must be on your ticket as that rifle in that calibre.

You coudnt (and I am open to discussion on this) hold an action that has no barrel attached untill its barrelled, chambered and proofed in the calibre you desire.

This is unless you have a space on your ticket for say, ".473" boltface bolt action" - which I guess you havent.....as when you came to barrel it, you would need a variation to do so!

RFD's however can and would hold an action for you untill you decided what you wanted (calibre wise) and had the work done.

If you have a space for a rifle it must be on your ticket as that rifle in that calibre.

You coudnt (and I am open to discussion on this) hold an action that has no barrel attached untill its barrelled, chambered and proofed in the calibre you desire.

This is unless you have a space on your ticket for say, ".473" boltface bolt action" - which I guess you havent.....as when you came to barrel it, you would need a variation to do so!

RFD's however can and would hold an action for you untill you decided what you wanted (calibre wise) and had the work done.

you can hols an action BUt you will have to get permission from your local FAC dept to have it,you will havwe to explain why its just an action and what your intension are

derbyshire are happy of this as iave been through it not sure abnout anywhere else as they all make there own rules up

but to save any hassel let your local RFD hold it for a drink

Archived