CZ452 17HMR

I'm waiting for my new CZ452 American Varmint 17HMR. I've been told that the triggers on these rifles are 'okay' but not brilliant. I've heard of kits being available that you can upgrade your trigger. What are these called, and is there a lot of work involved. Would I be better off taking my rifle to a gunsmith?

Steve

I'm waiting for my new CZ452 American Varmint 17HMR. I've been told that the triggers on these rifles are 'okay' but not brilliant. I've heard of kits being available that you can upgrade your trigger. What are these called, and is there a lot of work involved. Would I be better off taking my rifle to a gunsmith?

Steve

Hi Steve,

It's easy enough to fit, you can get them from here : http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/trigger_kits.html

Well worth doing.

Hi Steve,

It's easy enough to fit, you can get them from here : http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/trigger_kits.html

Well worth doing.

Thanks mate. I'll wait and see what the trigger will be like, but I'll probably get the kit and have a go at fine tuning it. What are the Basix Kits like? I've just read about them.

Not sure, i haven't used one, but i bought the kit for my CZ, and it certainly improves the feel of the trigger.

Thanks again. I'll contact Rimfiremagic soon.

Use the rimfire majic kit, it works wonders on these triggers.

Easy 10 min job, providing you red the instructions and have pin punches, and appropriate small hammer and dab of loctite.

Fitted numerous, pretty sure Baldie has fitted 100's, wouldn't bother with anything else.

Retail about 15 quid if I recall.

Use the rimfire majic kit, it works wonders on these triggers.

Easy 10 min job, providing you red the instructions and have pin punches, and appropriate small hammer and dab of loctite.

Fitted numerous, pretty sure Baldie has fitted 100's, wouldn't bother with anything else.

Retail about 15 quid if I recall.

Thanks Ronin. I think I'll get the kit, even if the trigger feels good on my rifle.

I fitted the Rifle Basix trigger kit to my CZ452 .22lr - it made an amazing difference over and above the standard CZ offering.

It was pretty straight forward to fit and even though I have had no previous gun-plumbing experience it still only took me half an hour, including improvising a straight punch.

The major benefit I could see over other trigger kits I'd researched was that it is adjustable via a grub screw without having to remove the stock, rather than having to change over shims.

Where did you get the Basix Kit from, and how much was it?

Thanks.

never used the kit but i have heard good reports on them ,i use a softer spring and polish the shears on the trigger on both my cz rifles the hmr17 that iv done is spot on ,in fact i dont think you could get it any better no matter who had a play with it .im like many on here i cant do with a stiff trigger ..but if you dont know what your doing id stick with the trigger kit its not hard to install ..

Where did you get the Basix Kit from, and how much was it?

Thanks.

I bought it direct from Rifle Basix in the States for $89.95 inc P&P to the UK: http://www.riflebasix.com/cz.html

I received it in under a week if I remember correctly, great service & a great product.

• 1 year later...

Steve

I ordered the CZ trigger kit from Rimfire Magic, very easy to install but I would recommend taking it to a 'smith if your unsure. Definitely the cheapest and most useful upgrade to a 452!

Archived