picked up a new scope for the 243 ai a couple of weeks ago,its a zeiss victory diavari 2.5-10x50 with an illuminated 88 ret,this scope is more in line with the style of the rifle than the nightforce that was on it before,so went upto oxford to see if i could christen the new scope,got to the estate about 6pm,after a cupper and a chat to the keeper as to what was about got set up in a highseat for about 7.didn't see much for about an hour when a muntjack buck came out of a wood at about 140 yards away so one through the shoulder and he went down without a twitch.things went abit quiet for about 40 mins when i spotted a fox crossing a field at about 270 yards to my left so took steady aim off the top of the highseat and stopped her evening stroll.about 30 mins later spotted a roe buck chasing a doe to wards me from about 300 yards away they both crossed in front of me but were to far out for a clean shot,but luckily the doe decided to come back through the field with the buck in tow and gave me a chance of a shot at about 220 yards.so not a bad result two deer for the freezer and one less pheasant killer for the keeper to worry about.

PICT0019.JPG

new camera so take no notice of the date

atb paul

Nice shooting Paul, great result.

Keeper must have been chuffed, I must say again that Ai especially with the new scope looks an awesome stalking set up, what ammo you using?

ATB

Moses

hello moses,yes he was quite happy,the fox was heading to a field where he has 2000 partridge penned.as to the load I'm forming the cases but it shot this group last week with a load i worked up for deer

PICT0033.JPG the group looks a bit ragged as the paper was wet

Nice going mate ,you been having some fun there,

Rifle is shooting on the money isnt it,

All the best Andy :lol:

hello Andy,yes on both counts,just skinned and butchered them and christ the muntjack was hard to peel.hows the hornet project going.

atb Paul

got to agree you dont need big mag scopes for a deer rifle just one that sees clear at low light and that scope does the job real nice had a look down one real nice and crisp :lol: nice three shot group also ..im just waiting till aug 1st then im out again :D

got to agree you dont need big mag scopes for a deer rifle just one that sees clear at low light and that scope does the job real nice had a look down one real nice and crisp :lol: nice three shot group also ..im just waiting till aug 1st then im out again :D

yes the scope is very good in low light,as to Aug 1st had two fallow bucks stood looking at me for 20 seconds last nite only 50 yards away,they must know the date as you can bet on it they wont do that next week.

atb paul

Guest martin

Nice result mate,I am starting to get a bit edgy,and,I am hoping to get out Tuesday or wednesday,that'll be 10-11 days after the operation,so,it should be alright................Martin.

Nice result mate,I am starting to get a bit edgy,and,I am hoping to get out Tuesday or wednesday,that'll be 10-11 days after the operation,so,it should be alright................Martin.

good luck,and take it easy they'll be there another day

atb Paul

Archived