A night out.

6mmBR

Had a nice little stroll on Wednesday night with Mark-Taffy on here. Another one which is getting hooked on long range bunny bashing :rolleyes:

Well it almost became a non event, Mark phoned at 4.00 to say the hose had just burst on his Daihatsu and he was waiting for the AA ;) . Well the very nice man managed to fix the problem and Mark finnally arrived at my place only an hour later than we had planned ;)

It was one of those balmy evenings warm and no real wind to talk about.

We set up in my usual spot and managed only one bunny here, so we went for a walk further along the cliffs. It was great just walking and glassing the hedgerows for bunnies and doing a bit off sniping :D

Mark accounted for a couple of rabbits with his Tikka T3 Varmint in .223, he has a deadly load with 75 Amax. We chatted about that and I think due to the loopy trajectory of that heavy bullet we are going to work on a load with a lighter bullet to give him a flatter trajectory.

I did manage to stretch the legs a we bit on my .22-250 AI, we spotted a bunny feeding in amonst the sheep at 250yds. Luckily with a bit of patience the bunny moved one way and the sheep the other.

Dam that AI with 52gn Berger match bullets is fast into the target. I squeezed the trigger and watched the bunny instantly explode. We went to retrieve it and the damage was immense these match bullets really to expand violently.

So all in all it was an excellent evening, Mark was great company and we had the bonus of 5 bunnies ;)

Also the barley has been combined locally now, so off out tonight for the first session on the stubbles :D Charlie you've got nowhere to hide ;)

Cheers

Dave

Good to hear you chaps had a great time :rolleyes:;)

All the best...........

RAY................. ;);)

Guest 308Panther

Sounds like you two had some fun poppin some bunnies...

My case of F.U. Flu has worsened and I now have 3 days off from

work ....

F.U. Flu is very contagious and they prefer I didnt "infect" the other employees....

including the ones that are directly responsible.The company would rather protect

then prevent...

So now have Friday,Monday and Tuesday off.....

Hopefully I will be able to get to the range and test out the new bipod.

308Panther

Guest varmartin

Mark...Glad to hear one of my Colleagues managed to fix your Daihatsu ;)

Did he cut the end off , or use the magic tape ??

Keep vapourizing them varmints..

Martin

Guest 308Panther
A bit of range therapy will do you the power of good ;)

Look after yourself

Cheers

Dave

Crack and Thump Therapy .....

That is or would be the best cure known to me yet....

Course a couple days flyfishin cant hurt none either.

Theys just mad at me spendin the better part of a day fixin my bike,and that I

wont play janitor....Clean up some one elses mess.

And I told the New Boss the only differance between him and the Old Boss

was the shape of his face.They caught they old boss cheatin,stealin and lying.

He was quite the crook...This new one is just better at it.

Just gives me a headstart at findin a new job,thats all. :D

308Panther

Dave very interesting that you found the 52 grain Berger's explosive, I found the opposite! I had a very accurate load with them in my 22.250 but was less than pleased with the expansion. I used them on four foxes and had one runner which I found dead the next day, she made it fifty yards into a wood, the other three were all killed cleanly but the damage was minimal.

I have now changed to 40 grain Berger varmint, and have found these to be very very explosive, when I get a few spare hours I will re-work a load using the 52 grain Amax.

I'm wondering if it's a velocity factor with the Berger's? your AI will most certainly be pushing them faster than my standard 22.250 .

Ian

Dave very interesting that you found the 52 grain Berger's explosive, I found the opposite! I had a very accurate load with them in my 22.250 but was less than pleased with the expansion. I used them on four foxes and had one runner which I found dead the next day, she made it fifty yards into a wood, the other three were all killed cleanly but the damage was minimal.

I have now changed to 40 grain Berger varmint, and have found these to be very very explosive, when I get a few spare hours I will re-work a load using the 52 grain Amax.

I'm wondering if it's a velocity factor with the Berger's? your AI will most certainly be pushing them faster than my standard 22.250 .

Ian

Yes I was suprised aswell, infact they expand better than 55gn V max which I tried.

The AI is running close to 4000fps and the kills I'm getting are spectacular. The Bergers are certainly the most accurate bullet I,ve tested so far. All the kills I have made with this bullet so far have been very satisfactory with violent expansion on impact.

It may be down to a velocity thing? But the kills at 200-250 are as good as the ones at 100yds. Perhaps I've got a batch with a slightly thinner jacket.

Time will tell, but at the moment I'm pleased superb accuracy and at the moment reliable expansion.

Cheers

Dave

Archived