on the standdard official bench rest target there are two sets of rings one sightter and one to record, my question is what does the square box in the target do or what is it for?

The square is so one can line up ones cross hairs more precisely on a corner so you always have the same point of aim to ensure no sighting errors.

Long range benchrest shooters do the same in that they use the corner of the target frame as a point of reference to line up the crosshairs.

CHEERS MATE , would bench rest shooters have their point of impact on the cross hairs or away from dead centre and alter aim accordingly

if you know what i mean

CHEERS MATE , would bench rest shooters have their point of impact on the cross hairs or away from dead centre and alter aim accordingly

if you know what i mean

Spud most BR lads will have there shots shooting 1" high so as not to put holes around there point of aim. The big black square is there for fowler shots.

Ads

if you know what i mean

Point of impact will not be on the cross hairs, anywhere else but.. As ads said, they wont want to ruin a sight picture. All they want is the smallest possible group anywhere on the target..

Guest dasherman

The black square is for when the mirage is very bad and you cannot see the lines on the target. When its "boiling" all you can see through a 45x is the black square.

Archived