Lawton barrels

Does anyone know anything about the Lawton barrels ?. Putting together a long range basher for a friend and have been offered a Lawton barrel.

What they like ?.

Come to that what would you go for out of these:-

Loather Walther

Border

Lawton

Gary Scnihider

Ads

Ive used a couple of Lawtons on builds ive done - both 6.5 mm tubes, both shoot in the low .3's and still do so after a few 1000 rounds.

Quality is up there with the "names" but similar cost to LW and Archer.

Not used a Schnider, but the tactical lads in the US like em.

There would be no order of preferance for me from the list you have - LW are harder to machine (what I mean by that is they use hard steel), but that wouldnt be your problem,....

If you are sourcing the barrel yourself, I would also consider Bartlein and Pac Nor.

There is also a plentiful supply of Kriegers in the country now too......

If you consider Bartlein and Krieger, you double your cost.

Cheers lads.

So the quality is good then ?. I have a LW on my 243 ack and an archer on my 6.5. Both will shoot .250 / .300 inch groups. Never really heard of the Lawtons though.

Cheers.

Ads

If im correct RPA use Border barrels! and my Rpa shot silly groups if i did my bit!

I have just had a border fitted to my .223 but havent had time to load develope yet! so time will tell

A mate has a lawton 3 grove fitted to his 6.5 and that shoots really well i shot a .17 4 shot group with it. So in the right hands it will do better!

Brux are another little known barrel maker in the states, who do excellent cut rifled tubes that shoot.

I'm in the process of re-barrelling my 6.5x284 with one, the steel machines just lovely......

They are also very timely on delivery...

Archived