Necking Up .243 Brass

Ratwhiskers

Chaps.

l'm using .308 sako brass at the moment for my 7-08 but don't know how much longer my supply will last (it's free, ok l'm Yorkshire and tighter than a duck's arse).... l'm also sat on a pile of Norma .243 stuff and can get hold of winchester once fired as well.

The chamber is a "no turn neck" and throated for 150's

My question is... ls it worth buyin' an expander mandrel or will this leave my neck walls too thin/short??

Or, seeing as l've got a .243 on my ticket, just get another one and blow the brass that way......

Ratwhiskers.

Cheers Panther.

Yes, quite true mate :rolleyes: l did like my old .243 and wouldn't mind another one at some point, but would probably buy a near shot out unit and have it re-barrelled as l'm on the lookout for a s/a rem action for another project penciled in for the future.

Regards.

Ratwhiskers.

Nigel.

The brass l get costs me no more than half a day visitin' a good pal in Kielder, which is always a pleasure anyway and my rusty old gass pipe really likes the stuff he chucks at me. l also sort by weight (only 2 batchs) which means l have to shed some and this would make the expendature of new stuff punative. lt looks for the monent like my next big spend will be a new scope as l'm on an 8x56 S&B for now but to realise the rifles potential l need to vastly upgrade. Hence my original question about the .243 stuff to save "brass" so to speak....

And as Panther says... l can always get/be donated if anyones feelin' kind, another .243 ;) and l'm up and running

Regards.

Ratwhiskers.

Archived