Short range miss.

menial 1

I expect I'm the the first to do this. :rolleyes: Went for a ride with the headkeeper the other night, he lamps me up a doddler of a fox about 85-90yds, out the window with the rifle, sends the round and skims Toby across his back and I'm left scratching my head.

Usually when this happens I'll go to paper and check the zero if everything seems screwed down tight, puts a couple of shots onto a clean sheet and find myself about 10" high. On Sunday I had finally found a crow at just over 500yds and had put 10minutes on the elevation, but never got to take the shot as the farmer had a crisis with some beasts that had got out of a field further up the village. Of course I've put the gun away without returning to zero :blush: and pulled it out of the cupboard a couple of nights later and it was on the 0 when I gave it a quick check before I went out.

Luckily enough the underkeeper picked it up the next day. I supose on the night in question, the biggest charlie we saw was me :blink:

Wasn't going to bubble myself, but my embarassment should help me remeber in the future I hope.

Must remember to return to zero, must remeber to return to zero, must remember to return to zero ..................

Pete (nearly as bright as a pheasant)

you silly arse , lol fancy doing that you arse

yep i have done it more than once

It is so easy to do, you get distracted and forget.

You've got to discipline yourself as soon as you taken/aborted the shot you return to zero immediately.

never mind we've all done it.

Cheers

Dave

iv done just that before pete , and did it again the other night had a go at a rabbit at 465mtrs away then the farmer turned up and started talking ,when he had gone 10 mins later i got down to take another shot at 216mtrs down hill shot so just aimed at it ..i had taken two shots before it clicked up top :rolleyes:

Archived