Land loss

eldon

Prompted by another post I thought it would be interesting to have a land loss tale of woe topic.

Here goes;

On the land loss it's something some of us have to get use to, usually through no fault of are own.

My tales of woe go like this,

1/ Big quarry excellent rat and rabbit shooting , obviously plenty of backstops as you are working in a bowl. 2 miles from home.

Stopped due to - kid falls into quarry 100 miles or so away and dies. Quarry belongs to same chain, all out of hours access banned. ;)

2/ Small piece but local. 5 miles away from home, stopped due to - New A1 motorway re-routing goes smack bang through the middle. ;)

3/ 1000 acres prime dales rabbit shooting but with ideal centrefire back stops. 1K range no problem. Farmer retires non farmer buys it for the shooting :huh:

4/ 350 acres hill farm ideal for stalking rabbits living in the rocks, complete with barn for stop overs. Many 50 rabbit weekend outings. Stopped due to new farmer purchase and brings his shooting family, mates, syndicate uncle tom cobbly etc with him or so he says.

So gone on then see if you can match or beat some of those.

I self lost one. Reasons as follows....

1. Could you please shoot the Badgers?

2. The Deer are a pest, I'd like them controlled (but....)

3. I'd rather you didn't use a rifle here, could you not use a shotgun?

....Goodbye! ;)

I self lost one. Reasons as follows....

1. Could you please shoot the Badgers?

2. The Deer are a pest, I'd like them controlled (but....)

3. I'd rather you didn't use a rifle here, could you not use a shotgun?

....Goodbye! ;)

in awnser to number 1 reason could you not just pacify him and not shoot them but keep it to yourself admittadlly hes only got gob off about you shooting them and your bollocksed

in awnser to number 1 reason could you not just pacify him and not shoot them but keep it to yourself admittadlly hes only got gob off about you shooting them and your bollocksed

If I was desperate for land then yes I guess I could. As it is I'd rather just shoot for the people who don't expect me to risk my FAC for them! I'd love to shoot his Deer, it would be great, but not with a shotgun. I've just got permission to shoot the Deer on the farm up the road so I'll still be shooting his Deer anyway (well kind of) :rolleyes:

If I was desperate for land then yes I guess I could. As it is I'd rather just shoot for the people who don't expect me to risk my FAC for them! I'd love to shoot his Deer, it would be great, but not with a shotgun. I've just got permission to shoot the Deer on the farm up the road so I'll still be shooting his Deer anyway (well kind of) :rolleyes:

give them 'ell

Archived