Bell and Carlson stocks for a Sako 75?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Bell and Carlson stocks are any good? I'm looking at possibly getting the one on the link below for my Sako 75 6.5 x 55

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage....leItemID=107141

It would be to replace the original when I get it rebarelled.

I know the stock is out of stock at the moment, but was just wondering what peoples experiences were with them, are they any better than the sako original synthetic ones / as good as macmillan or not worth looking at?

Cheers Paul

I have a Bell and Carlson thumbhole on my 6BR that is okay but never felt 100%. I recently put a MacMillan Sako hunter on my M595 and it's felt spot on from the word go.

If you buy a B@C you'll always wonder perhaps that you should have spent the extra first time round.

Probably worth seeing if you can't get to offer up of a few of the stocks you fancy that are already fitted to other peoples rifles before you make your choice.

As my my old mum says, spend in haste and repent at your leisure.

Pete.

the guys on the savage board talk about the B&C stocks a lot because they are more affordable than a McM or similar but are a lot stiffer and nicer than the factory stocks. It depends on which B&C you're talking about. The overall impression over there is that they are a good upgrade from a factory synthetic (like a rem SPS or Savage non accustock) but not quite on par with the McM.

Personally, I've been eyeing up the B&C medalist varmint/tactical. That one has gotten some great reviews over there. One day I'll build that stock up with a short action savage in (probably 6 BR).

Thanks,

Rick

Archived