I was sitting on the sofa last night speaking to a mate about stalking when I happened to look out the window and the sun was shining with a nice blue sky . This made my mind up to go for a wander and see if I could find a buck .

I arrived at the farm about 8pm and spied a doe out feeding in an uncut silage field . I parked my backside and was content just watching her for about 1/2 an hour to see if I could spy her kids but she must have left them in the nearby wood.

I then decided to have a look at the bottom of the next field as there was a cut silage field and see if any foxes were mooching about.

As I strolled down the uncut field a nice buck stood up from nowhere and stared me out for a good 10 seconds before bounding off . I tried to see if he had gone into the next field and all of a sudden he came back to have a second look , his mistake !

I was already on my sticks but the buck seemed like he wanted to challenge me as he took a step closer and stamped his foot then another step and another stamp. He did this about 6 times before I decided to take him.

A nice 6 pointer :blink:

With that buck out of the way before the rut I hope the doe goes and fetches another nice buck to the same field , fingers crossed .

6pointer004.jpg

as you said in another post fh they just keep coming , a nice looking beast there mate and a nice write up as well

TOO MUCH FUN AGAIN, :D

More meat in the freezer buddy, :rolleyes:

your having a cracking time aint you, look out when we are going for the Big Reds ,

cheers Andy ;)

Do you keep the heads from all of them or just the special ones????

My trophy wall isn't the biggest, and i have some way to go to get that many bucks this year.

I only keep freak heads or something a bit special as otherwise you end up with loads of rubbish cluttering the place.

I have a few from years ago that are nothing special and they live in a box in the garage....

Archived