Had a phone call of foxhunter on monday night to have a look out for some rabbits after the rain had just stopped.We arrived on the edge of a wheat field and spotted a few rabbits sitting out so we drove into the field and parked up and mark managed to get 3 rabbits straight away.We had planned to sit there and shoot the rabbits as they kept coming out as we sat and waited mark noticed two deer come out of the wood and feed on the crops.A quick look through the scope confirmed it was a buck and a doe at about 300 yds away.We had a quick look how to get into position for a shot but it was not possible from where we were as the crop was so high so we drove to the other end of the field and parked up at the wood and started to stalk down the wood edge.We got into a good position at about 150 yds from were we had seen them and had a look though the scope but i could only see the doe so i kept watching her and she turned around and the buck burst through the long grass and stood perfect for a shot i took the shot and he ran about 10 yds and dropt on the spot perfect well chuffed :ph34r:

Photo070.jpg

Not another one Gary :lol:

That guns gonna be worn out by the end of the season :wub:

Nice shot mate , cracking job, hope to meet up in September :lol:

All the best Andy,

Archived