A bit of fun with the .22

foxhunter

I called yesterday on an old farmer who sells hay and silage and doesnt like the rabbits eating his grass!!

Last year I shot around 140 rabbits off this place so popped in to see what the rabbit population was like.

He hadnt cut all of his fields yet but we had a ride around and on the first circuit I picked up a few............. ;)

arthurs001.jpg

Then it was back to the farm for a cuppa and biscuits before we ventured out again.........

I shot a few more but it was noticeable the difference in the population to last year :lol:

I also saw a roe buck which the farmer wants me to cull so I will just have to call back later with the .243 :lol:

End of hunt .................

arthurs002.jpg

well done mate, just for my info how much do you get for your rabbits there?

the butchers who take my game wont take them for pet food so we have to rifle shoot them if we want to sell them, so they can go for human consumption

which means i leave a lot laying about for crows and eat a fair few my self

Nice going Mark it keeps the eye in plinking with the rimmy ;)

I bumped into my butcher today ,who has a lot of game from me and he has started to ask for rabbits off me already, which is somewhat earlier than normal but what he was saying is that many people are starting to eat them in Kebabs done on the barby,

So I guess its good to see folk starting to enjoy game :D .

I sell for £1.50 headshot guts out or £2 skinnned and ready to go ,whch is a very good price.

I had a farm where you could do a hundred a week no probs off, then the mixy come and now your lucky to see 100 on the whole farm, but then I have other places where there comming back so its not to bad ;)

Archived