The one,s that did not get away!!!!!!

foxing2night

I to have been having phone calls!!!

Things have been very quiet as of late, Then once the silage starts to get cut, Things start to hot up,,and not just the weather???

A farmer friend of mine had one cub on his lawn the other night, So he got his shotgun out and let it have it,,,, but he also clipped one???? not the best way to do a bit of fox control????

Anyway i left them alone untill he cut the silage at the back of his farm, Then i paid him a visit???

Bloody hell was it hot, The kind of nights that it really feels good to be out and about lamping

As soon as the lamp went on there was two pairs of eyes looking at me!!!! But being on my own and trying to shoot and hold the lamp it was difficult????

First cub fell to a nice standing 60 yrd shot,,, But i could not chamber and get back on the cub that was running at the back of the first!!!!As i was only 30yrds from a hedge, He dived for cover???

So out with the lamp and just have i little squeak and wait a little bit before i put the lamp back on??

Only to see the little buger running right at me??? but i had got myself in a bad position and he was that small that he was having a job or he was just reluctant to jump over the swaffs of grass that were lined up in the field???

So i lay down in one of the rows and as he came closer and closer i let him have it from about five yards!!!! Then i picked up another pair of eyes from over the other side of the field so off i went and had one fox at 40yrds??? what a surprise i had when i went to pick it up it was the vixen!!!!

Now with two cubs in the bag and the vixen and having a good look around i could not see any more eyes, so i started to make my way back to the farm and my truck,

Habits being habits i had one last look back only to see one more pair of eyes,, #### me it must be the cub that the farmer thought that he had clipped???

So off i went again sweating like a billy goat,, This time i was not quiet as i thought that it was just a cub??

No standing shots this time as i did not get over the fence into the field but got on a good solid post, The shot was about 100yrds with just the top of his head showing over the grass,,, Nice steady shot and crack,one nice head shot!!!!

Now there was another surprise??, This fox was the dog!!!!!

gunpics038.jpg

To early as yet to shoot cubs?? But some times it has to be done,,,,,

One happy farmer!!!

F2n ;)

Nice one Darrel, its great when the action is thick and fast, gets the blood racing a bit.

With the silage starting to be cut we're going to have a busy couple of weeks.

Cheers

Dave

Nice going Darrel!!!! ;):lol:

Been busy with the 17 i see!!!

All the best...........

RAY.........................................

Archived