Anglo custom bullets

auquhollie

Well took dellivery of the new 6.5 last week that Chris was building for me. When i opened up the case he had thrown in a box of his own new 66.7grain varmint tips in 6mm that he is having made in the states. After playing for a few days with the knew 6.5 i turned to the custom bullets he sent up. Measuring them from base to ogive they are identicle to the 68grain berger. As goes for the diam around the ogive. The only difference is the 1.3 grains in weight. Well i loaded up a dozen cases with 28.5 grain's of N133 and seated them 50 thow off the lands. I drove up to the range at the farm and set up. Weather was really warm with a 5MPH wind from the left. I put a couple of shots through the bore to clean out any cleaning fluid then started with a 3 shot group. This measured .2" so i went on with another 3 shot group. It again was another good group at .2", i then shot the remaining 6 shots in one group and apart from pulling one shot the other five shots went into a .3" group. Neadless to say i will be having five hundread of them off of Chris at scone show. He also informs me that he has just taken dellivery of the new 74 grain boat tale varming rounds in 6mm. Might have to try these in the 243AI for the long range bunnies. He was also saying that he will go to 6.5 next and then onto .22 after the summer sometime. Hopefully he will keep a healthy stock so i dont have to chase about the UK looking for bergers in stock.

Ads

" When i opened up the case he had thrown in a box of his own new 66.7grain varmint tips in 6mm that he is having made in the states."

He didnt happen to mention an American contact ?

308Panther

Im not sure who is making them for him. All i know is they shoot and there very accurate in my PPC anyway.

Ads

I tested some of the original shipment Chris had sent over, 74grn BT's in 6mm, and 500 of the new shipment are already mine. I know he'd rather keep the name of the maker to himself as he is to be the sole supplier in the UK. Suffice to say Callum Ferguson has ordered a shitload of them in various calibres as he was also impressed. Only alcohol could make me tell, and as I don't take drink any more I won't tell. :)

The bullets are of excellent quality and will compare favourably with Berger prices.

Pete.

are they classed as match or hunting as i just wondered if we can get them throught the post

They're classed as match, but fortunately they have a very large hollow point and are extremely frangible. When I shot rabbit and crow with them out of my 6BR there wasn't much to pick up.

The specs.

Weight 74gr

Ogive: 6/9

Lot#: 772

Calibre: .243

Style: BTOT

No BC is given at the moment but the lot# is to ensure that when you reorder you get exactly the same again.

For more info it would probably be better to talk to Chris at Anglo Custom Rifles as he is the importer.

Pete.

Archived