1st Scottish bucks

I took Ratcherman out on Saturday in that glorious sunshine to try for his 1st Scottish roebuck.

When we arrived it was so hot I couldnt be bothered to go tramping about so instead decided to sit on our arses and wait overlooking a piece of cover.

After about an hour and a half a 6 pointer emerged at around 180 yards , I was glassing through my bins and once the buck turned broadside I told Ratcherman to take him if he felt comfortable. He was comfortable alright as he poleaxed the buck on the spot.

After the gralloch I decided to go and try another bit of the ground but all we witnessed was a pregnant doe chasing off her doe kid from last year , she certainly kicked some ass !!!!!!!!!

Then we started heading back when I noticed 2 roe generally heading in our direction , a buck and a doe ;)

Anyway these 2 ran stright up to us , I let the doe pass before stopping the buck with a "HOY" Ratcherman dropped this buck as well.

So not only did he get his 1st Scottish roebuck but also his 2nd , what a great afternoon stalking .

2bucksgary009.jpg

Notice the stark contrasts in their pelages :D

Thanks a lot mark for a top day out :clapper: ive waited for a while now for my first buck and just after ive got it i go and get another two in one day :D theres not many people would take you out on there permission and let you shoot two six pointers in the same day cheers :D

Archived