Now sold: Joe West F Class Open laminated thumb hole stock: inletted & bedded for Barnard P by Neil McKillop

Now sold

I had a new Barnard P actioned rifle commissioned by Neil McKillop for the World Championships in Raton in 2013. Virtually unused since, so barrelled action was sold, but I still have this beautiful charcoal black & clear coat laminated Joe West stock as I had wanted to use it again, but hearing damage precluded this from happening.

Neil did his usual flawless pillar bedding job on the stock & provided stainless allen screws of the correct length. Barnard actions are made to such exact tolerances that another Barnard P action will slot in without issue. I have tested this with my spare rifle, so know this to be true. Neil fitted the stock with a handmade trigger guard in stainless & runners for the front rest & rear bag (also stainless) so the stock slides on the bags like a “rail - gun”. The stock is in unmarked condition, though it is finished with oil, so it doesn’t need to be stripped to refinish it if you might want to in future (lacquered stocks need to be stripped for refinishing). The contoured thumbhole pistol grip will fit a medium size hand. The cheek piece is fully adjustable & easily removed. 

The stock cost well over £1000, so I would like £600 please.

IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0292.jpeg

Edited by Chopper Chappers
Sold

I've just picked up my new F Open from Neil, on a Barnard P action with a Joe West stock, if only I'd waited I'd have saved a ton of money 🤣

Neil does outstanding work, whoever gets this is getting a bargain and a great stock.

• Chopper Chappers changed the title to Now sold: Joe West F Class Open laminated thumb hole stock: inletted & bedded for Barnard P by Neil McKillop