Sako 75 new barrel?

I have a Sako 75 in 6.5 x 55 and am looking at having it rebarrelled and possibly having a new stock bedded on to it. Does anyone know of any good gunsmiths that could do this job for me? I have had several people 'shy' me away from riflecraft as Andrew isn't so hand's on anymore and 'apparently' their work quality isn't as good any more. Also does the make of barell make so much difference? Please excuse my ignorance but I've only ever shot shop standard rifles so have no comparison really. I'd like to be shooting 120gn heads and will be prodominantly for shooting deer and foxes, but having said that the lure of trying to test my shooting further out to 300 yards plus on bunnies is always there. What barell do people recomend? Should I just replace it wih a standard sako one or should I go for a border / archer level of barell?

Try Dasherman on here, he's built me a few very accurate rifles at a reasonable cost.

I've got both Pacnor/Border and Kreiger barrels on my rifles they all shoot very well.

Cheers

Dave

Archived