wildcat predator

I clean mine after each use, i use paper towels, WD40 and aerosol degreaser.

For the stubborn fowling on the blast baffle i use shooters choice MC7. I spray the inner tube and the inside of the main tube with WD40 and wipe off with the paper towels.

I do the same for the front baffle stack and the calibre insert (after cleaning off the powder fouling from the blast baffle).

I then drench each section with degreaser, blow it off with the airline, smear a bit of moly grease on the o rings and reassemble.

For the stubborn fowling on the blast baffle i use shooters choice MC7. I spray the inner tube and the inside of the main tube with WD40 and wipe off with the paper towels.

I do the same for the front baffle stack and the calibre insert (after cleaning off the powder fouling from the blast baffle).

I then drench each section with degreaser, blow it off with the airline, smear a bit of moly grease on the o rings and reassemble.

many thanks for that vermincinerator

holly crap, i just spray WD40 in mine after each use,mmmm must take it apart and strip it this eve, see what it looks like.....

holly crap, i just spray WD40 in mine after each use,mmmm must take it apart and strip it this eve, see what it looks like.....

Lads,

Beware of the old WD40. It is a penetrating fluid that releases siezed nutt's & bolt's. Its not a lubricating fluid. Infact it is water bases and if left on raw steel will in time cause rusting. The penetration part of the fluid evaporates and you are left with a film of water on your mod/rifle. Our company (oil industry) banned the stuff several years ago as it was rusting up the internals of £20,000 & £30,000 woth pieces of equipment. Best with the 3 in 1 spray oil or the likes. Something that is oil based and not water.

Just a heads up.

Ads

Lads,

Beware of the old WD40. It is a penetrating fluid that releases siezed nutt's & bolt's. Its not a lubricating fluid. Infact it is water bases and if left on raw steel will in time cause rusting. The penetration part of the fluid evaporates and you are left with a film of water on your mod/rifle. Our company (oil industry) banned the stuff several years ago as it was rusting up the internals of £20,000 & £30,000 woth pieces of equipment. Best with the 3 in 1 spray oil or the likes. Something that is oil based and not water.

Just a heads up.

Ads

cheers, as i said im gonna strip it this eve and give it a good goin over. what you recommend using in it?

I just use 3in1 oil in a can and rub it into the baffles once they are clean. To clean it i take all the orings off and clean with carb or brake cleaner. Just dont get it on the o-rings.

Ads ;)

Archived